╰┈➤ Chapter Three

A|N: I got the picture from Rappler.
* * *

MANILA PHILIPPINES
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Continuation of
Chapter One...

"WHOOOH! IT'S TIME TO PARTY!"

I don't know... I'm really not in the mood for parties now. I came here for a meeting... not for parties.

Three more countries got out of the car we rode in. I offered to help Vietnam carry the case of beer but, he said he can carry it himself.

No one in our group, except Vietnam, agreed to drink during this meeting. In fact, he is a heavy drinker. Well, I don't know who'll be the last man standing when he competes with Martial.

I stayed behind the group as they go nearby the door.

I looked at the house, from the ground to its roof. It's tall yet narrow. Here in Vietnam's place, the houses are built really close to each other and are narrow. Like in Europe, they are colored differently. This house is colored white.

Next, I looked at every country present for this event.

Brunei.

Indonesia.

Malaysia.

Only us five then.

"Hey, Philip!" Malaysia placed his hand on my shoulder. He gave me a smile when I turned to him. "You're silent. What's up?" he asked me.

I faced again in front, seeing the others go inside the house.

"I'm fine. I guess. Worried."

He hit me with his elbow. "Don't frown, bud! China hasn't bombed your place yet!" Then, he leaned close to my ear and whispered, "We all got you. We don't want you to end up like Vietnam."

That's kinda blurry. "Hm? What do you mean?"

As he talk, we began walking. "'Ya know. China and Vietnam might seem buddies but they do have a problem since 90's. Heard the news that Vietnam confronted China?"

"N-No. Why?"

"He found Chinese vessels near his land so, he responded by sending his vessel. Then, they fought. Then, he declared that China caused violation on his economic zone. Big story."

I sighed. "Palawan reported almost the same thing."

As we all got inside the house, I sat on the sofa. The chandelier got my attention. The frame is geometric and the bulbs were like candles.

The walls were white and there were frams. The wooden divider is colored dark brown. There were plants by the window. Everything here made me feel relaxed.

"Phil will cook sigsig." I heard Malaysia say it and I almost laugh at how he say the word.

"Nah. You told me late so, I ain't cooking one." I said back, followed by a chuckle.

Brunei and Indonesia sat on the sofa across me. Malaysia sat on my side.

On the center table, Vietnam put shot glasses, a pitcher of water, a bucket of ice and a bottle of beer. He also opened a pack of mixed junk food.

As I stare at the glass... the blurrier my sight become.

. . .

"Yo, Phil?"