╰┈➤ Chapter Nineteen

Oh... Oh no... I forgot to block him from hearing me.

I went completely blank and frozen. I couldn't think of anything to do now.

'Martial Law, give the consciousness to me. Now'

I kept silent. I looked up to China's eyes while I breathed heavily.

"China, run. Leave me here."

"W-Why, xīngán? What's the matter?"

I quickly stood up and moved away from him. "J-Just go! H-He's taking over!"

'What's taking you so loooong, Martial Law? Is he there?'

"No! He's not!"

'THEN, BACK OFF FROM THE LIGHT THIS INSTANT!'

"CHINA! GO!"

I suddenly felt my hands become light as the air. I lost my control over them. They were wrapped around my neck tightly. I couldn't resist them. I'm starting to be breathless by this.

'I heard that AGAIN! Why are you lying to me, Martial Law?! Why are you doing this to me?!'

"Le- Let go-- from me-!"

'THIS IS MY BODY, Martial Law! You are just a fruit of my trauma and YOU'LL disappear soon! You shouldn't make decisions on your own!'

After all the tries I did, I finally had my control back on the other hand.

I saw China approaching me while I struggled on the ground fighting myself. I am kicking him away. I don't want Phil to see him here.

My sight is getting blurry and dark. Fuck, he's trying his best in taking the control from me. I just kept resisting, though this is making me dizzy.

China pulled me up and wrapped his arms tightly around me, locking my arms on my sides. "Will you two just calm down?! You're killing yourselves!"

In a blink I made, I felt floating. All I can hear for a moment is the echoes of my breathing.

After another blink, I felt my feet back on the ground. My own mind wasn't completely back yet. I felt my body swaying. I was trying to find my balance but... I took a step on no ground.

I started falling from the cliff.

"XĪNGĀN! XĪNGĀN!"

I heard those shouts gradually getting silent before I drowned on the salty waters.

I was swimming back to the surface but I kept being distracted by Phil from holding my breath. He's still trying to choke me with the hand he has the control over. He forces my mouth to open under the water. Like literally the waters began entering my nose. I felt like I was about to die.

I felt really irritated, mad and, painful by what Philip is doing to me now.

'Yes! YES, MARTIAL LAW! I AM OKAY WITH KILLING MYSELF AS LONG AS I GOT RID OF YOU! YOU'VE BECOME DISLOYAL TO ME!'

Disloyal?

I did everything and made decisions for him only. But he kept thinking negatively about them. He never understands. Does he?

I kept struggling in these waters.

I kept fighting back.

Until I saw a growing light that blinded me quickly.

I felt my hands heated.

My right eye is burning hell.

My surroundings went like X-Rays. I can only see them as black and white.