╰┈➤ Chapter Twelve

MARTIAL LAW
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

[By afternoon, At sunset]

Before the day ends, I want to feel relaxed. I felt tired and stressed lately while training the students from our military school. There's one and the only place I could go to chill, that one large... mountain-like rock near the sea of Palawan.

Yeah. After that issue with the fishermen here, I hurriedly went back to Malacañang to change clothes just to go to the military school. Then, Philip decided to stay here in Palawan for the rest of the day until tomorrow noon to watch over the place. This gave me a chance to have time alone in my relaxing spot.

I walked the stairs of rocks to the summit of this... mini-mountain of rocks (how the fuck can I know what these people call it?). I sat down and started to admire the view of the sunset.

. . .

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Now, it's just me and myself. Philip's probably resting in his mind space, so I guess he won't listen to my thoughts.

There's something that's been bothering me the whole day. Philip is blaming me if China did something good. Is it a bad thing? Well, China hasn't done anything bad yet, so I think it's too early for me to be blamed.

. . .

I suddenly turned to my back when I heard footsteps coming near. Someone's going up here.

I stood up, pulled out my gun, and reloaded it. I waited for a moment to see who that person could be. It can be just residents of the place.

No.

It's already been years since the first day I went here. No one ever comes up here!

Seconds later...

I was shocked to see this person arrive here. He also stopped walking when he saw me.

"Martial-"

"Wait, hold on, China. What are you doing here?"

He looked behind him.

"Were you following me?!" I asked a quick question next.

"N-No! Why would I do that?! I come here every day!"

I examined him. China seemed harmless. No gun is with him. He is holding a jar and some sticks and there's a sling bag on him. I wonder what he'll do here.

"How do you find this place?"

"I was looking for a peaceful place. When I entered this province, I took a walk around and saw these mountains. So, then I started coming here."

"What exactly do you do up here?"

"Qigong."

I bunched my eyebrows in confusion. "King kong?"

"No. It's like a... meditation thing."

Oh, I see.

China bowed first before continuing to walk to where I stand. I watched him prepare his things. He placed the jar on the ground and got his bottle from his bag. He poured water into the jar and dropped some oil-looking liquid in it too. Then, China lit the tip of the sticks and placed them in the jar. He did an Indian sit and closed his eyes.

I decided to sit a bit near him and observe.

. . .

I tilted my head to the side to see his face more. Then, I talked to myself in my mind.