Chapter 10

Chapter 10

My close-knit bond with my ex-boyfriend, Xian, started with friendship. And at first, I didn't know it will be more than that.

I grew up with him around, we learned things and we've done many things together. I got used to him, that's how my mind was conditioned that it's only him that I can have.

Our relationship wasn't as romantic as other couples, it was more of the support and care, it was centered with our friendship and the idea that we should end up together because we started together.

We started dating because of that. Xian is not friendly, he's aloof, he didn't get to have girl friends because I was there, he was busy taking care of me. And no one ever tried to be friends with me, because I refused, because I have Xian. Our relationship was like that, nothing more than that.

There wasn't any spark of desire, my heartbeat never raced like it wants to get out of my chest. I read romantic books and I was always curious why I don't feel the way how the main character defines love. Why was it different on me?

I was obsessed of him because no one else was there for me. I love him because of the same reason. I love him because we grew up together, because we're friends. That's how it felt, that's how I thought love is.

This feeling of obsession, this feeling that I don't want to let go, that I don't want to be left alone.. it's the same as that love. But.. this time.. I feel butterflies in my stomach. When he stares at me.. my heart races so fast. It's the same.. and different at the same time. It's friendship.. and what?

"Corine's looking for you."

I blinked as I returned back to my senses. I glanced at the side and saw him standing and watching me. I was in deep thoughts, I didn't notice him enter the stable.

"Sinabi kong magpa-araw ka pero nandito ka.." He looked at what I'm doing.

I showed him the grasses I'm holding. "I went here to feed Celeste." But I got lost deep in my thoughts.

He nodded.

I licked my lips and started feeding the horse again.

I came here after breakfast. After telling me that he'll stay longer, that he'll take his OJT next sem, I didn't know exactly what to feel.

I don't want him to leave, I don't want to be left alone again. I should be happy when he said that he's not leaving but I started questioning myself. Why? Why do I want him here?

And why? Why is he skipping his training this sem? Why will he do that for me?

I don't like that he's treating me this way when he's gonna leave soon, but he already said that he'll stay longer. So what should I feel now? Is it okay to accept this treatment now that he said he's not gonna leave?

Instead of feeling better, I'm starting to feel that this is not right. Something feels odd..

"I'm leaving after lunch. Icacancel ko ang mga papers para sa OJT."

I bit my lower lip. Here it comes.. my guilt.

I sighed and looked at him. I saw him staring at me as if waiting for my eyes.

He smiled. He walked towards me. I looked up at him because he's so tall for my level.

"I will cancel the papers for an OJT abroad. Susubukan kong dito mag-submit sa Pampanga. Does it sound better?"

I stared at him. My heart suddenly hurts in a different way. "Is that okay?"

"Ofcourse, why not?"

I stared at him. "G-Gusto mo ba 'yon?"