Chapter Thirty-Three: Life Decisions

Bryan Stares at Katie like she has three heads, he was sitting at the breakfast bar along with Dom as she stands on the other side leaning against it. She had just told them something that shocked them both, Dom was staring at her with his mouth wide open, his eyes almost bugging out of his head. He closes it and a muscle in his jaw twitches as he processes what she had just said. Bryan broke the silence first.

"You want to go live with Shawn.... in Tokyo.. Halfway around the world from here?" He says in a breathless shocked voice, his eyes unfocused. Katie looks at him, then Dom, then back at him, nodding her head.

"Yeah I think it would be best for me you know? get away from all the temptation and distractions around here, I... I still have the ticket coupon thing Han gave me a few years back for a visit.... It'll just be for a one way trip instead of a round trip." She says, crossing her fingers behind her back praying they would say yes. It's been two weeks since she ODed and Han walked out of her life and it was hell on earth, all she did was go to school and lock herself in her room, to make matters worse it seemed that Dom, Letty and even Bryan finally accepted that Han and her were in love, but it was too late, Han was sticking to his "I'm done plan and was staying far away from her,not even so much as looking at her when she was in the same room. It was torture, one night, two days after she came home, she slipped out of her room and tried to go into his to talk to him, but found his door locked, denying her access and crushing all hope that she had to patch things up with him, she went to bed sobbing that night, like she did most nights now. Dom rubs his hands over his head shaking her out of her trip down memory lane, he looks at Bryan then back at his daughter.

"I think you're right, Maybe a different setting would be good for you." he Admits turning to Bryan who nods in defeat. "When did you want to leave?" He asks looking back at her. She smiles wide and goes around the bar to hug her father, his Strong arms crushing her to him in a loving embrace.

"Thank you Dom, and as soon as Shawn lets me, if that's OK," she says letting him go and sitting down on the last stool. "I want to get better Dom, I'm tired of being this way." Dom smiles and ruffles up her hair. Bryan gets up and pats her on the back before heading to the livingroom where Letty was playing her race game, Katie can faintly hear him asking to join. As Katie was about to get up to leave Han enters the room, sweat stains on the front of his shirt along with baggy pants and his hair plastered to his forehead indicated he just came back from a jog. He stops short as he assess the two of them before heading to the refrigerator for a bottle of water.

"What's going on here everything OK?" He asks trying to sound nonchalant, his back turned to them as he grabs a water from the back of the fridge. While he opens the bottle he turns back around to face them, leaning against the fridge.

"Is that Ticket to Tokyo still available?" Katie asks him, chewing on her bottom lip in nerves. He takes a sip of the water letting the cold liquid slid down his throat, screwing on the cap and putting it against his sweaty forehead nodding.

"Yeah you planning a trip down there? that's great it'd be good for you, Shawn would love it." He says with a little to much enthusiasm, opening the bottle again and chugging about half the water. Katie just frowns and crosses her arms, a look of anger crossing her beautiful features.

"No, I'm moving down there, getting away from all the bad mojo around here," She says watching his reaction. He nearly chokes on his water, spraying it out in front of him, coughing up the rest. Wiping his mouth he looks at her, his face pale and bloodless, his dark eyes wide with surprise and Katie could swear she saw some fear in them.

"You're moving...... to.... to Tokyo?" He asks slowly, She raises her chin and looks him in the eyes, the fear she thought she saw was clear, shining through, dominating any other emotion that might be there.