Chapter Eleven: Not The Typical School Girl

"Ms. Hendricks I believe we have had this conversation before," Mr Albert says as Katie walks into his office. It was the second week into her junior year and already she was in the principals office. Mr Alberts was a vile little man, set to make his students life hell, Katie's in particular, or at least that's how it felt. He was 5"2' with a round beer belly, that always bulged against his button up shirt and pants, his eyes a watery muddy brown that were always screwed up in disgust, his breath smelt like stale cigarettes and mint making whoever he was talking to want to vomit. He was bald and his head always seemed sweaty and would turn an ugly shade of red when he was angry .At that moment those muddy eyes were trained on Katie as she left the door open to his office, making sure the secretary, Ms. Wendy, could see in fro her post in the main office. Even though this man made her anxiety skyrocket she never let him see, A smirk instantly spreading across her face as she plopped down in the chair in front of his desk. She slouches in the chair, as she knew he hated, and crossed her legs and arms.

" Well seeing how I just here and we have yet to have any sort of discussion, I am going to have to ask you to elaborate on what you mean." She says picking at her nails before training her bright green eyes at him. She watches as his sweaty thick head turned red and his eyes narrowed at her. All she did was smile sweetly at him, full of innocence.

" DO not get smart with me Missy. You know exactly why you were sent here so lets drop the act shall we?" He stutters, spit flying from his mouth, landing on his desk. " You're apparel is inappropriate for this establishment." He huffs leaning back in his chair, steeping his fingers in front of him staring at her with a wicked cruel grin. Katie doesn't have to look at her outfit to know what he means. Currently she was wearing a teal shirt that was practically see through, showing off her black lace bra and had a low neckline, but only when she leaned forward. Her skinny jeans were tight against her legs and had a few choice placed rips, showing off skin that was indeed not OK for school. But Katie didn't care, she didn't wear it to be a slut, she wore it to show a bravery she didn't really have, she hid behind her reveling clothes, and bad attitude hoping to keep unwanted males away. SO far it had done it's job, but today it was like every male had a honing beacon on her and eyed her like a piece of meat, making her rethink her style, though she would never voice that to the creep in front of her. instead she put on an equally cruel smile and stared him down.

"And what are you doing staring at a 16 year old girl, regardless of her clothing, That's kind of creepy Mr. Albert, Should I be concerned for my safety?" She says, shifting under his unnerving stare. She didn't think he would lay a hand on her but the way he was looking at her reminded him of the boys that stared at her during her first period. Mr Albert didn't let up on his stare as he continued to speak as if she hadn't just threatened him.

" Your English teacher said that you were being a disturbance due to your outfit, now as much as I hate to do it, I must contact your guardian and have them remove you from school today." He says his words dripping with a cruel smugness that made Katie want to drop kick him in the face. All pretense of fake sweetness drops from her as she stands up, only to lean against his desk her backpack keeping a safe distance from her body and the desk.

"Don't play games with me Mr Albert, you and I both know that you don't Hate to do this this is the kind of shit you live for, ruin children's lives, get them in trouble, watch them suffer." She hisses, her anger boiling just under the surface. she slouches back in her chair and crosses her arms. " You know between you and me I have to say. you fucking SUCK as a principal." She says, picking at her nails.

"ENOUGH! Get out of my office you little delinquent, I don't care if you dress like a slut at home or while walking the streets, but in my Establishment you will wear DECENT CLOTHING! do you hear me! Now wait outside while I call you're guardian." He says in a deathly calm voice that makes Katie shiver involuntary. His words burn through her, If it wasn't for her promise to Dom about not getting kicked out she would have walked around the desk and punched Mr. Albert in his fat pudgy face. Instead she clamps down on her anger and slinks out of his office, flopping down into one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs in the main office. Ms, Wendy looks up form her computer just long enough to give her a sympathetic smile before returning to the screen in front of her. about twenty minutes later she hears the static buzz of the front door to which Ms. Wendy pressed the button to grant access in. Craning her neck to look out the windows that made up the front wall of the office Katie sees Mia walking down the hall to the Office. Seeing Mia momentarily confuses her as she tries to figure out why Mia would be picking her up and not Dom. Mia shifts her purse on her shoulder and walks over the the front desk, ignoring Katie altogether.