Epilogue: One Last Ride

"Katie are you awake?" Han whispers to her. She mutters comesthing and rolls over, her green eyes slowly opening to focus on him.

"No, But I am now, What's up?" She asks around a huge yawn.Han smiles at her in the dark as his heart starts pounding in his chest. he wraps his arms around her gently and pulls her closer to him, the feel of her naked body teasing him pleasurably. She gives him a wicked grin as she wiggles against him making him moan. He leans down and smashed his lips against hers as parts of him jump to attention. Before what he now desperately wants to happen he tears his lips away from hers. She whimpers in protest and tries to tempt him back.

Han stands at the edge of the bed and stares at Katie, his heart beating fastly. Gripping the box tightly in his hand he eases himself onto one knee, a smirk on his lips when he sees her suck in her breath, her eyes widening.

"Han what are you doing?" She whispers in a hushed awe filled voice. Han clears his throat

"Katie, Ive been yours since the first day we talked, when you made me bash my head against the shelf in the fridge," Katie smiles as the memory fills her. "You were so beautiful. I've always thought that. You looked like a fallen angel, all your imperfections and so called flaws, they made you beautiful because they showed just how strong you truly were." Tears start to form in her eyes and he wants to wipe them away but he keeps going. "we have been through hell and back, and I almost lost you once. Never again will I let that happen." He pulls the box from behind his back and watches as she once again sucks in her breath, her eyes growing aw wide as saucers. Please say yes, he thinks as he opens the box. "Kathrine Theresa Hendricks, will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

Katie stares at the sparkling ring. It wasn't a diamond but a Lapis Lazuli set in a beautiful sterling silver band with smaller alexandrite stones around it. Her tears of joy fall down her cheeks as she lets him slip it on her finger, fitting perfectly like it was meant to be there the whole time. She looks up into his deep dark eyes and smiles. And like that, all the broken pieces of her heart or her soul pull themselves back together, The scared little girl from her past is pushed out and in her place sits a strong brave young woman who finally FINALLY feels like she is worthy of love and family.

"Yes Han."