Chapter Fifty: Healing Wounds

"HAN" Melina yells as she barrels into Han's room, the family right behind her. Han laughs as she comes to stand next to him, her hands on her hips a look of Angry relief on her face. Katie comes out of the small bathroom, towel drying her hair. She smiles at Her best friend. "You scared us half to death Sexy eyes don't you ever do that again OK? Its was not cool, Sooooo not cool." She scolds him. He ducks his head and mutters a sorry. The family pools in and gathers around him, he looks up and smiles at them all as they each in turn give him a gentle hug, Katie comes over and slips her hand into his, which doesn't go unnoticed by Melina and Mia.

"OH my Gundi Please Tell me that you two are FINALLY together!" Melina Squeal. Katie ducks her head, her face turning a bright Scarlett red. Han just smiles sheepishly at them. Katie lifts her head. Wait why was she hiding her feelings? She didn't have to anymore, she didn't have to hide the fact that she loved him with everything she had. She smirks at Melina.

"Does this answer your question?" She says and she leans down, taking Han's face in her hands and kissing him deeply on the mouth, a shiver runs down his spine, and he brings his free hand around to cup the back of her head, deepening the kiss. Whistles and quiet cheers from the family has them breaking apart, slightly out of breath with blushes on both their faces. Katie looks up and catches Bryan's eyes. He smiles at them, he had long ago given up Hating Han for loving his almost sister.

"Oh my I see the Whole Family is here for the big event." says someone from the door way, It was Doctor Montgomery and the nurse Kathy. "Well excuse me can you guys please stand back so I can get to the patient, Ah there we go thank you." He says as everyone moves out of his way. He smiles at them and walks over to Han, stopping right beside his bed. "Good afternoon Han How we feeling today?" He says smiling at him. Han shrugs.

"Can't complain" he says. The Doctor nods and as Kathy goes to get some supplies from the medical cart he explains what was going to happen.

"Alright so what I am going to do now is cut away the bandages, clean up the wound and access its progress, If its healing the way it should be you should be out of here in a week or two. Ah thank you Kathy." He says as he takes the scissors from her. Han turns his head from the sharp tool and looks up at Katie, grabbing hold of her hand, she squeezes his back for support. His body tenses as he feels the cold metal of the scissors as Montgomery cuts the bandages away. "Oh sorry, should have warned you its a tad cold." The doctor apologizes. The family Holds their breath. When the bandage was cut away he gently removes it from his body and exams the wound. Han turns his head and looks down, nausea pooling in his stomach when he sees the ugly black stitches and raw looking wound, puckering at places as it started to heal, he knew he would have a scar. "Well I am happy to say that you are healing at a excellent pace, no signs of infection, no signs of further irritation, at this rate you will be able to get your stitches out sometime next week, and then," He looks at Han and then the rest of the family, "We can talk about you going home." The family lets out a cheer, as Han lets out a breath of relief. Katie squeezes his hand and smiles wide, Her heart bursting with joy. "Let me just clean this up, put a fresh bandage on it and then I'll leave you guys to some privacy." The doctor says with kindness. He takes the disinfectant from Kathy and cleans the blood that has seeped through the stitches, Han wincing at the sting and gripping Katie's hand harder. With some quick work He has a new bandage. "You are all set Han, now you must be starving, is there anything I can order you from he cafeteria, its Chicken noodle soup day." Montgomery says with a slight chuckle. Han thinks briefly how they had managed to get food to him while he was in a coma before something pops into his head. He gives Montgomery a sheepish smile.

"Do I have to Eat Cafeteria food?" He asks. "Because suddenly I am craving McDonald's."Everyone laughs making him blush. Montgomery just shakes his head, wiping away the laughing tears that were it the corner of his eyes. He pats His shoulder.