Chapter Fifteen: Sideshow Christmas

Chapter fifteen: sideshow christmas

Christmas morning Katie was awoken by Dom singing very off key downstairs in the living room. She sits up and hisses as her head starts to pound as her vision swims, she may have over done it a little last night partying. She had managed to convince Melina to leave two canisters with her before she left for a family vacation. Katie had spent all night partying by herself, trying to fight off the despair that seemed to be hanging over her ever since she went to Melina and remembered her past. The sound of Letty's laugh shakes her out of her mood and she goes about getting ready for Christmas with them. She grabs her nicest outfit and heads to the bathroom, running into Han on her way there.

He steadies her before brushing past her to join the others in the livingroom. Not even glancing to make sure she was OK. Katie sighs and goes to the bathroom. Turning on the shower to full blast she steps under its hot spray and thinks of the confusion that was Han. The day after she told him what had happened, He went back to acting cold and distance, as if the kiss never happened. It hurt, she had just shared with him something she herself hadn't remembered and he brushed her off. It would have hurt less if he had just been cold the whole time. But that kiss, there was so much passion in it, so much urgency, it left her breathless just thinking about it. With Han being hot and cold with her and the memories that just refused to shut off Katie had been having a hell of a vacation, She had been relying on the Coke more and more to the point where she craved it every minute of the day, even when she was high she wanted more. She was almost done with the supply Melina had given her. Shaking off her stress she turns the shower off and gets dressed. She wouldn't let Han or the Coke ruin This Christmas. She goes to her room to finish getting ready

Han's breath leaves him in a whoosh as Katie entered the living room. Her dress was a deep green with black lace that flattered her nicely. The deep green of the dress makes her eyes stand out and shine, her blonde hair was curled and the banana curls framed her face, the hot pink strands had been clipped back with barrettes. She looked beautiful, like an angel, Han was transfixed. She smiles at him before laughing at Dom who was Singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." She sits next to Letty and smiles at her when she gives her a hug, not realizing he was still looking. After his initial shock wore off he notices just how pale she is, even with all her makeup on. He notices that she had lost a great deal of weight and that her dress, though flattering, hung off her body because it couldn't quite fill it, the sleeves were slowly making their way off her shoulders. She looked sick although she hid it well with a bright smile and carefree laugh, he could tell that it didn't reach her eyes like it use to.

"Take a picture it will last longer." He hears Mia say from behind him. He had been leaning against the Archway of the living room, his back to the Kitchen. Mia had been coming out of this kitchen with a plate of sugar cookies. He smiles at her and tries to steal a cookie to which she slaps his hand away. "Paws off, if you want a cookie join us, don't just linger and stare." She says giving him a hard look before entering the living room. Han pushes off the frame and was about to join the others when the doorbell rings. He turns to answer it but Dom stops him.

"Wait Han Don't" He says and turns to Katie. "You go get it kid," he says, a small smirk on his lips. Katie looks at him with and eyebrow raised just as the bell rings again followed by an obnoxious pounding. She gets up, straightens her dress and quickly walks to the door. Who the hell would be pounding on the door on Christmas she thinks. She Passes Han who sat himself on his usual armchair and smiles at him, surprised when she sees a look of concern flash across his face. She looks away quickly , afraid he might know about her partying and quickly heads for the door, the obnoxious pounding had resumed. "Get the door Katie! Hurry Up?" Dom yells. She reaches the door.

"Whoever is pounding on the door WILL YOU QUIT IT!" She yells as she flings open the door.

"Oh Shit Tej I think the youngester is getting fiesty, what do you think?" Roman says looking at Tej who was nodding.