12

Anna was with her father, Steven, for a talk show about his newest book. He wanted to talk about how proud he was of how great she's been. So here she was, getting her hair and makeup done. She had to get use to this if she was going to model right?

But it was very strange. 

She was finished and was with her father waiting to be announced on. She smiled as her father was called out. She clapped with the crowed from the sideline. She was so proud of her father. Her father spoke about his book and answered some questions.

"Your younger daughter, Anna, is here, isn't she? Can we bring her out?" The host, Marvin, asked. Steven nodded, and Anna walked out to applause. Anna hugged Marvin and sat down beside her father. 

Steven rubbed his daughters back once she was seated. She smiled at the crowd and to the host as he started speaking. 

"So. Anna, you and your father have been busy, huh? Your father with his book. And you are modeling now. That's amazing." Anna blushed shyly. "Thank you." She said, politely. "What brought that about?" Marvin asked.

Anna rubbed the back of her neck nervously. 

"My sister, Alex, has a friend who is a photographer. She wanted to give me a chance and asked if I wanted to do it. Prove that people who have mental issues can move on." Anna told him. "Mental issues are a big thing happening right now. Not a lot is done when someone wants to make a change." Anna continued. 

"You had a mental break down before, didn't you? When your mother died suddenly, isn't that right?" Marvin asked. Anna tensed. She looked down and her thumb over the scars on her wrist. Steven cleared his throat.

"I don't think now is good to talk about that." He tried. "She brought it up." Marvin pointed out. "Yeah. I did. And I was blamed for my dad stopping his writing." She said. "Oh yeah. Steven. You did stop writing cause of all that happened. So in a way, Anna did cause your book to be unfinished on its due date. How did it make you feel?" Marvin asked.

Steven looked surprised by what the host asked. Anna now looked back down ready to cry hearing it said so happily and casually.

"My daughter was NOT the cause of my hiatus. My wife died in a terrible accident. My daughter tried to kill herself cause she blamed herself for it. I needed a mental break. My eldest was starting her angsty stage before my wife died. My hiatus was no ones fault but my own. So if anyone has something to say about it, they can come to me." Steven told everyone as he pulled his daughter close and she noticeably cried in her dad's chest.

"I think this interview is over." Steven said getting up, and pulled Anna away with him back stage.

When they were backstage, someone brought Anna some water and gave her some back rubs. "I'm sorry for that. That was uncalled for." Steven said. "No. I'm sorry dad. I ruined your interview." Anna said rubbing her eyes, trying to stop the tears. 

"No. Blaming you isn't right. You are a child. A minor. You didn't cause anything." He said holding her face kindly.

___

Hannibal watched a recording of the interview as he cooked. A look on his face, that showed his concentration, but his eyes showed his anger. He finished and plated two plates. He walked out to the dining room.

He explained the meal as he placed it in front of his guest. 

"You. Are. Insane." Marvin breathed out. He had been taken, while leaving the studio. And Hannibal planned on making many meals out of the bastard who mocked Anna. In fact, even after Steven and Anna left the stage, Marvin here kept making jokes about her.

So now Hannibal will have Anna have the last laugh. He will make an amazing meal with the bastard for Anna when they all come over for a dinner of his. 

Hannibal's dark eyes watched Marvin. Never blinking. It unnerved the painfilled man. Marvin shakily took his utensils and started eating himself. Hannibal smiled and also started eating. Enjoying his cooking.

He never should've shamed his woman.