34

Anna met with Paul. He was waiting for her as he leaned against his car. She ran over to him. Quickly telling him what she saw. She was sobbing as she told him all that she saw. 

When she finished, he told her he would take her to the station after going to check on what she said. "If what you saw is true, I will make sure he is arrested right away." He told her. She nodded, sniffling.

She let him lead her to the back to her car and followed him to the house. If something went wrong, she wanted to make sure she had a way to get away. 

When they arrived at the house of Dr. Hannibal Lector, she stayed in the car. Paul gave her a small smile as he went to her window. "I will come right back. Just stay here." He told her. She nodded and bit her lip nervously.

Anna watched Detective Paul go up to the door and ring the doorbell. She then saw Dr. Lector open the door for the Detective to speak. Anna was so nervous. She hoped that the evidence was there, and justice was served.

She was scared. How could this be happening. Dr. Lector was a good man! He was good to her! To her family!

After a moment, Detective Paul came back to her car. "Anna. I need you to come with me." He said in a frustrated voice. She was confused by this. Dr. Lector was watching the scene. Why wasn't he arrested!?

Anna got out of her car and looked at the Detective. "I need you to come with me inside." He told her. "No. I can't go in there. I don't want to see that body again." She told him. Detective Paul sighed. 

"Did you know I could arrest you for giving a false report?" He asked her. Anna's eyes widened. "No! I'm not lying! Please!" She begged. "He can file charges on you as well." Paul continued. Dr. Lector came over. 

"Detective. Please. She's scared. Let me show her what she really saw." He said calmly. Paul nodded and led her inside. Then the two lead Anna to the basement.

Her eyes widened seeing a dear leg on a table now skinned. 

"I am having a dinner with someone and wanted to make their favorite dish I've made for them." He explained to the girl. Anna shook her head. She looked at Paul. "Please. Detective. Please believe me. I'm not crazy!" She begged crying.

"Do you want to press charges Dr. Lector?" Paul asked. "No. Anna sometimes sees things. It happens. We have been trying to figure out a medication to help her with that." Dr. Lector explained. "Anna? Do you want to stay and talk about it?" Lector asked. 

He went up and put a hand on her shoulders. "Come along. Let's talk about what it was you thought you saw. Detective. I'll let you walk yourself out. Sorry about all this." Lector said. Paul looked at the two. He quickly looked away before guilt took him over fully.

He wanted to protect the girl but was unable to. The money was too good, and he wanted to keep his life.

He left the two in the basement.

__

Lector made a cup of Hot Chocolate for Anna, and sat in front of her in his living room.

She took it and took a sip. 

Was it all in her mind? Like the other sightings? Was she really crazy? 

Tears kept falling from her eyes thinking about if she really was crazy. She was terrified of going back to the institution. She didn't want to go back. She didn't want to go back ever again. She hated it there.

"Don't worry Anna. I'm not mad. I understand that your mind was playing tricks on you." He told her. She looked at him. "Am I crazy Dr. Lector?" She asked weakly. He tilted his head a bit. "I don't use that term, Anna. We just need to help you." He told her.

She looked down at her cup.

He stood and placed a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "I will do everything I can to help you." He promised smirking. He had her in his hand.