8

Anna woke up the next morning and got out of her bed. Putting on a robe and slippers, she fixed her bed back in order, something that became instinct to her at the hospital. She walked out of her room and saw that one of the guest room doors was opened.

She knew that Hannibal and Graham was staying the night. So one of them was awake. She wasn't sure who. She should apologize to Will. He was a detective, if she did that to a detective, he can have her thrown back in confinement. 

She didn't want that.

Anna gently opened the door to her sister's old room, and looked inside. Alex wasn't there. Anna shook her head and closed the door. She walked threw the halls to go down the stairs. She wanted to get a cell phone. She wasn't allowed one in the hospital, and now that she was out, she wanted one, like a normal teen.

She figured that if maybe she asked Rachel, she could get on her good side more. She knew that it would be better to suck up to Rachel a bit, while the sisters investigated a bit. They was still curious about why their dead mother was communicating with Anna.

Anna made her way down the stairs. She smelt coffee being made. "Rachel?" She called. She turned and saw that Dr. Lector was in the kitchen. She looked around and saw that Rachel wasn't there. 

She was normally up by now. 

Hannibal looked up at her as he pressed down on the lever on the coffee jug that Rachel had bought, apparently last year.

"Good morning Anna." He greeted. Anna pulled her robe closer to her. "Your step mother went out for a run." He told her, as he poured the coffee into a cup. "Can I make you a cup?" He asked. "I don't drink coffee." She told him.

He nodded and started adding things to his cup. "What can I make you then?" He asked her. "I can make it myself, thank you Dr. Lector." She said politely. She walked past him to the cabinet to take out the container of dark Hot chocolate, and a dark chocolate Hershey bar.

She went to the spices and grabbed the cinnamon, before going to the fridge for the milk. She put everything on the counter by the stove and got herself a cup. 

Hannibal watched as she made herself hot chocolate. Adding some chunks of the chocolate bar to the liquid as well as some cinnamon. Stirring them together to mix them just right. 

She then got started on making herself a bowl of cereal. 

She sat in one of the bar stools and started eating her breakfast. 

"Anna." Hannibal called. She looked up and looked at him. "I want to take you to my office today for our first session." He told her. "How far away is it?" She asked him. "It's an thirty minutes away from your home." He told her. 

"I can have Rachel drive you if you don't want to ride with me. Your father told me how uncomfortable around men." He told her. She looked down at her cereal. 

___

Anna pulled her sweater closer to her as she looked around. Hannibal's office was huge. She looked around and saw his whole second floor was books. She loved books. Reading was something her mom and her had in common. 

A soft smile graced her face, remembering all the times Anna would catch her mom in the sun room, rocking back and forth in her rocking chair, a book in her hands, her giant and thick reading glasses, and a cup of hot tea sitting beside her. 

Anna would grab a book and read with her mother. 

"Anna. Tell me what you are thinking right now." Hannibal said. "Of my mother. She would love your office. She loved books." She told him, still looking around. "You are free to go up and look around the books." He told her.