39

Anna waited in the store, walking around as she nervously waited for her sister. She could feel her heart racing. She bit her lip and looked around her, and at her phone. 

She bought some chips, and soda. She paid and sipped the soda to try and stop her racing heart. When she saw Alex pull up, Anna ran out to her sister. Getting in, Anna looked at her sister, waiting for her to speak. 

When she didn't, Anna spoke. "He got an alert that someone had broken in." Anna informed her eldest sister. "We are fine. There is no way he would be able to find out who it was that broke in." Alex promised.

Anna sipped her soda once more, then after setting it down, she started rubbing her face, then her legs. "Did you at least find anything?" She asked. "Detective Walker had me leave early. Maybe he knew that a alarm went off or something. But he ordered I leave first." She explained.

"He texted that he left and that he will find us soon." Alex continued. 

Anna sighed and looked out the window as the two left town for the wooded area they lived in. A long drive ahead of them. 

___

Simon sat in his home and looked everything over. He put it down on his desk as he went to pour himself a whiskey. He sat the glass down and sighed deeply as he poured himself a two-finger drink.

He rubbed his forehead, he lifted the glass to his lips, before he could get to the file and drink, he got a text from Will Graham that they had another victim. So, Simon put the glass down, and locked everything away before heading out.

It was at a performing arts center, and he learned it was a musician that was killed. This was going to be a long night.

__-

Hannibal was called and asked if he could also go to the arts center to give some assistance on the case, and to keep an eye on Will. Jack Crawford was getting worried about him. When he arrived, he saw Simon there talking with Will.

Hannibal glared at the man he shared blood with. He never liked Simon. He didn't know him, but he knew that he was good at his job. He did everything to find justice. And he seemed set on helping Anna on finding out the truth of the past.

He needed to be stopped. Hannibal didn't care how, just that he needed to stop Simon.

"Do you think it was by The Chesapeake Ripper?" A cop asked as he protected the crime scene from outsiders not authorized to enter the area.

Hannibal looked at the dead body. No it wasn't. He didn't do this. But he had an idea of who did. He had a feeling he knew who was doing some of the recent killings that people were wondering if The Chesapeake Ripper did. But Hannibal didn't do them.

He is building his own private case on the man he was sure was doing this. 

He will then take care of it himself.

He just didn't know that he would have to hurry his case up before something bad to the ones he cares about happens.

___

Jack walked up to Hannibal as they left the Arts Center. "I heard about the break-in. Was anything taken?" Jack asked his friend. Hannibal looked at him. "I haven't found anything missing just yet. I am just grateful that I wasn't home. I was in a session with Anna, she asked if we can go to a cafe after what happened." He explained.

Jack nodded. "I heard she called and reported you. Was everything ok?" Jack asked. His question made Hannibal nod. "Anna had an episode and was very confused. I hold no ill will. She couldn't help that." Hannibal told his friend.

Jack listened and nodded. "I'm glad that's all it was. And I'm glad that you both weren't there this morning. Heaven knows what could've happened if you two were there." Jack shook his head.

"It's scary to think that she could've been highly traumatized where she should feel safe. She already had that happen in her home." Hannibal said shaking his head. "Well. Keep me posted on any news on if they find the person who did it."  Jack patted his back, and then went to his car to get to the office to work on the case.

Hannibal watched him, and could hear footsteps coming up to him. He turned his head a bit, and saw Simon walking out with his partner, Brenden. Brenden ignored Hannibal as he passed and went to his car.

Simon stopped beside his relative, as he lit a cigarette. 

Hannibal turned his head and look forward. Neither wanting to look at the other. Or even be near the other.

"I suggest that you make sure Anna doesn't go on any more crime scenes. I don't care what Jack or Will wants. I don't care if she has similarities to Will. I don't think its healthy for her mental health to see these things. I would think that as her therapist you'd know that." Simon said. "Some fucking Therapist." He grumbled and walked away.

Hannibal's jaw clenched in anger. How dare he. 

He will handle Simon soon. He had more important things to take care of first.