30

Anna was allowed to get out of the hospital. She was happy to be out of the hospital. It reeked of bleach and death. So, she was happy to be back home in her own bed. A knock on her door made Anna look up. 

Rachel came into the room with Dr. Lector. "Hey sweetie. Dr. Lector is here, and he brought you some stew. He made some homemade beef stew for you." Rachel said. He walked over with the to go soup bowl. 

"It's hearty and healthy for you. It'll help your healing process. I also made some homemade sausages for your breakfast and made a scramble for you to enjoy in the mornings." He told her. Anna gave a small smile as she took the bowl from him.

She took the lid off and inhaled the delicious smell coming from the bowl. "It smells and looks really good." She told him as he handed her the spoon. She took it and took a nice spoon full of the stew.

She had to use the spoon to cut up the carrots, potatoes and beef which was super tender. She then lifted the spoon to her soft lips, wrapping her lips around it, Hannibal couldn't help but smile seeing her eat his food.

He knew that bastard would come to good use. 

Her eyes brightened as she looked at him. "This is really good." She told him. "Well. I'm glad you like it. I brought a nice amount over for you. It's starting to get cold. So, it's a nice meal to eat." He told her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

She smiled up at him. "Thank you Dr. Lector." She told him before she went back and started eating again. Innocently eating a meal that she didn't know that held the meat of Matt's father in it. 

If she had known she wouldn't have eaten a bite of it.

__

Two weeks past and Simon wanted to meet with Anna to talk more about the attack she went through. And the new things that has happened in the case. He was with his partner Paul. When they arrived, Rachel led them to the sunroom where Anna happened to be at.

She smiled as the two sat down. 

Simon reintroduced her to his partner, Paul. "How are you, Anna?" Simon asked her. Anna shrugged. "I'm alright. Can I get you guys anything?" She asked the two males. They both smiled and shook their heads. "No thank you. But we need to talk to you about your attackers." Paul told her.

Anna frowned for a moment. "It was my fault. Matt died waiting on me." She told them, fidgeting with her fingers. She was anxious about it. Which was understandable. She was nearly killed. They wanted to kill her. They were trying to kill her but didn't have the time to.

"Anna. They are still missing. Have they tried to contact you in anyway. Mail? Text? Email?" Simon asked the girl. Anna looked at him and shook her head no. "No. I've not heard from them ever since that day." She told the two males.

The two looked at each other before looking at Anna once more.

"Am I still in danger?" Anna asked them worriedly. "We won't let them get close to you Anna. I swear that to you." Simon promised the girl. Anna looked at him and gave a small nod. "I trust you." She mumbled.

He touched her hand and gave it a soft squeeze. 

"We need to get going Simon." Paul told him as he looked at his phone. He needed to speak with someone without Simon being with him. Anna stood with the two of them and followed them to the door. 

"We will be back to check on you Anna. And keep you and your family notified if anything new changes in the case. You just rest up alright?" Simon asked as he looked at her when he stopped at the door.

Anna nodded at his words. 

"Thank you. Both of you." Anna said before hugging them both. Paul's heart twisted as he hugged the girl back. Guilt in his gut was eating him up some. But he didn't have a choice in the matter. 

If he wanted to live, he had to do this.

Sorry kid.