35

Anna was sitting in the living room back home. She just looked blankly at the floor. Hannibal was talking to her dad and Rachel about what happened. She was blank. Lost in her mind. Alex went over and sat beside the younger sibling and hugged her.

Anna leaned her head against her sister. 

Rachel and Stephan looked over at Anna. Anna could feel their eyes on her. Disappointed in her like always. Thats what she was. A disappointment. That's what she was meant to be. She was to disappoint everyone in her life.

She was crazy, and a disappoint. 

Tears filled her eyes. Making her green eyes shimmer with her tears. 

Where her dad going to send her away? Why was she born this way? She hated it!

Alex seemed to sense the anger and despair coming from Anna, and gave her a squeeze, making her look up. "You and me." Was all Alex told her. That made Anna feel a little better. But not bunch. They couldn't just leave. They didn't have the funds and means to.

The three adults walked over to the two girls. 

"Anna?" It was Hannibal who said her name, Anna looked up at him with her watery eyes. He knelt down to be her eye level. "We are going to start looking into having you come back..." Anna interrupted him with a sob.

"Please don't send me away daddy." She begged her father looking at Stephen. "Don't send me back to the hospital!" She sobbed. Stephen frowned even more hearing his youngest sob. "No Anna we aren't doing that." He told her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Anna held her face as she sobbed. 

Hannibal gently moved her hands away so he could look at her. "We are thinking that maybe you should come back to live in my home again for a bit. So, we can work more again on things. It seemed to help last time." He told her. 

"Just for a little bit. Probably by your birthday. Then you can come back." Stephen said rubbing his daughters back.

Anna looked at them. "We will think on it, and decide at a later time. For now. Lets get you into bed. You need to rest. You've had a stressful day." Hannibal said. He looked up at Alex. "Would you make sure she gets rest?" He asked her.

 Alex nodded, and helped Anna up. "Anna. I will see you in two days. Then we will all sit down and talk things over." Hannibal told her. Anna nodded and leaned into her sister, who then lead the younger of the two away.

Hannibal watched the two with his sharp eyes. When they were no longer in sight, he sighed looking at Rachel and Stephen. "Thank you so much for not pressing charges on her Dr. Lector." Stephen said.

Rachel wouldn't look at Hannibal. Which he didn't care about. He held her in the palm of his hand. He had almost everyone in his grasp. And Anna wouldn't have any choice but to love him as he loves her.

___

Alex had Anna in their shared bathtub. Rubbing a washcloth over the girls back. She wasn't washing her, just doing this to comfort her. Wanting to help with anything she could when it came to her mental health, and well-being.

"So, you thought you saw him cutting a human leg?" Alex asked. Anna silently nodded. "I thought I did. But I guess I didn't. I guess I really am crazy." Anna said numbly. Alex frowned and splashed Anna's face.

Making her look at her sister like she grew an extra head. 

"You aren't crazy. I never want to hear you say that again." Alex ordered. "But how do explain everything I've seen?" She asked. "Just your brain fucking with you. You went through a tragedy. That's bound to happen to ones brain." Alex told her.

"How about you and I go get a message tomorrow? Just you and I. I think you need a mental break." She suggested. Anna shrugged. "I guess." Anna said simply. Alex frowned looking at her depressed sister.

She kissed her dark hair, for once in her life, praying that Anna didn't try to hurt herself again.