Chapter 7

Tori's POV
I got home and sat on the couch.

"Hey baby sis." Trina said.

"Hey, has mom had any phone calls from school?" I asked.

"Don't think so. Why?" Trina asked.

"Jade accused me of hitting her with a cane. That's why." I said.
She nodded. "I don't think mom knows yet." Trina said.

"Okay." I said.

"Did you hear that Beck broke up with Jade?" Trina asked.

"No. Because it was the other way round!" I yelled.

"VICTORIA VEGA! Get here now!" Mom yelled.

"What is it, mom?" I asked.

"Why the fuck have I just gotten a call from the school saying that my daughter hit another student? I brought you up better than this!" Mom yelled.

"I don't hit her" I said with a blank look on her face

"Don't lie to me, am not stupid. They said she had a black eye. Am sorry but if she didn't hit u how did she get a black eye right after everyone saw u hit her???" She asked looking so angry, I already know what is coming for me.

I just kept quiet bc I know she will never believe me so there is no use in trying and wasting my energy.

"ANSWER ME!"

I just looked down and thought just beat me up already and let us get this over with.

"Fine. If you won't answer me, then come to my room" she said as she walked to her room

Am so scared and my heart is beating at the speed of lightening.

"Lie down" she said

I just did as I was told, bc this is no as bad as what she normally does to me.

She took her time, even fooling me shed hit me so that she will do it when i least expect and then it'll hurt the most. She got her thick stick and just started hitting me none stop. I know am gonna have a lot of bruises.

"How can you hit a child and they even get a black eye???" She spoke as she was punishing me. "How many times have i told you to control your anger??! You need to have self control. Today it is you injuring someone, tomorrow it will be u murdering them"

She is literally punishing me out of anger as she is saying this, what a hypocrite. She says she does it because she loves me, but if that where true she'd punish me when her anger is gone.

She is the one who tells me never to make decisions when am angry or excited because when am normal I might regret it, but she does that.

The pain became to much and i ended up sitting up, but she kept hitting me. I run around the place hoping some pain could go away, she started to hit me everywhere. I knew she'd do that, but I didn't care, I kept running, she is not beating me on my butt so when some pain left I went back to lying down. Few minutes later she was done and then looked at me.

"I don't know what that girl did to you, but you had no right to hurt her like that. Revenge is for God only, and so it is wrong of you to do it." She said

I was looking down because I had tears in my eyes and I knew if she saw me crying she'd 'give me a reason to cry'

"LOOK AT ME WHEN AM TALKING TO YOU!" She gave me a hard slap in the face

I looked at her and I saw something in her eyes that I rarely see.

Guilt

Why does she seem guilty? This is not the first time she has done something like this to me.

She let me go and I entered my room and did what I do everytime she tortures me for something I didn't do.

I cried, not tears of sadness, tears of anger. I was throwing everything in my room, I ever threw a tantrum until I cooked down and had only tears of sadness left.

Trina knocked on my door and I let her in. Am guessing he heard me cry.

"Am really sorry Tori, I know you didn't do anything wrong" Trina said

"Why d-does sh-e-ee do this t-to me?" I asked as I sobbed.

"Idk, but am pretty sure she always regrets it not so long after" She said as she hugged me and massaged my back.

At least my sister loves me. I don't know how I'd handle all this pain without her