Chapter 9

Tori's POV

I Tori's POV

I had a feeling one of my friends would pop up, but I ignored it because I was sick of feeling hot, it was like I was on a desert. I guess it's true what they say... Always go with your gut.

I froze for a sec before just saying...

"Don't worry it isn't what you think. I'll explain, but not here. Can we talk at you place?"

"Yeah" he said

I paid for my drink and we both left the place. Surprisingly, he didn't come with his car, though that wasn't a problem because his rv isn't far from here.

We got to his rv and entered and I stayed silent wondering how he would process everything I was about to tell him.

"Well???" He asked wondering what was going on

" Just to sum things up, my parents r not great at controlling their anger, so usually whenever they have a chance too, they take it out on me or Trina, even though we weren't the cause of their anger. So yesterday was one of those days, but worse since I actually did make her mad and she already had anger ready. I don't like to think of it as abuse, more like cruel to me when I do wrong or when she thinks I've done wrong. Long story short, my mom got a call from the school yesterday about how I 'gave Jade a black she' and well this is how she decided to handle the situation." I explained

He was shocked and he wasn't saying anything.

"Beck? Beck... " I waved my hand in front of his face and even snaped to grab his attention. Nothing. "Say something"

"Wow, am shook. Does anyone else know about this?" He asked

"No one outside my family, besides you now." I answered "and I would appreciate it if you kept it that way"

"Don't worry, I won't tell a single soul." He promised "don't your parents think there level of cruelty is too high? They should be in jail rn, how can they do this to their daughter??!"

"Idk maybe their parents where the same with them and the cycle continued, but I know me and my sis are definitely to continuing it, that's for sure."

He gave me a worried and sorrowful look. "Don't you feel unsafe having to live with them?"

"Yeah but there isn't really anything I can do about it, just live in fear and wait till am old enough to move out." I sighed

He took a good look at me to maybe see if could identify how I was feeling at the moment and if I was ok, before hugging me"Am really sorry, Tori, if there's anyway I can help, let me know. Am here if u need to talk or if u simply need a shoulder to cry on."

"Thank you so much, Beck, your a wonderful friend." I hugged him back, fighting back the tears I have been holding for so long. "Well I better get going, it is getting late, shouldn't make my mother more upset with me than she already is. Goodnight" I gave him one more hug before walking out of the rv.

I know he said he will be my shoulder to cry in, but I don't want him to think of me as the friend that always has many problems and can't keep her life together. He would probably get sick of me if I actually told him when I was upset because it'd seem as though I am just always complaining.

Beck's POV

I feel a bit overwhelmed by what Tori just told me. She always seems happy and she is nice to everyone, I always knew she didn't have her life together as she seemed to, but I thought she just had normal problems we all go through not child abuse...

I feel bad, knowing that she suffers and there is nothing I can do to help her. I know for sure she hasn't emotionally healed from her mother 'punishing' her yesterday, yet she is acting like everything is ok.

What am I gonna do... I can't just leave her to suffer...

As I was thinking about how to help her a thought came up, that made me feel stupid.

I LEFT MY CAR AT SCHOOL AND IT'S GETTING DARK

I just found my comfortable spot in my bed... Now I have to walk all the way to school and drive back...