Chapter 7

2024- Eze, France: (Approx. 4 months later)

I walked back into the house after a motorcycle ride through Eze and as I took off my helmet I saw Wanda sitting in a cross legged position reading the Darkhold. I looked at her curiously, I was still confused as to why she could open it but not me. Maybe it's a witch thing but I wasn't sure. Wanda looked really concentrated so I didn't bother her as I walked into the kitchen to get a drink.

"Can I have one?" I jumped, hitting my head on the doorframe of the fridge.

"God- shit Wanda, weren't you just-" I walked over to where Wanda was still sitting reading the Darkhold and walked back to the Wanda that had just scared the living daylights out of me and she was smirking.

"I will never get used to that astral projection shit." I said and Wanda laughed coming up to me.

"It's kind of fun, I'm learning while simultaneously having a beer with my girlfriend." she said, moving to the fridge and grabbing herself a beer.

"Okay, it's kind of cool." I conceded and she gave me a peck on the lips.

"How was the motorcycle ride?" she asked as she used her powers to crack open the beer. She was getting quite good at controlling her powers and I was super proud of her.

"Good, you know how much it helps with the PTSD thing." I said and Wanda nodded sadly.

We had decided that I had PTSD a couple months ago when the nightmares wouldn't stop and then the anxiety attacks started. I obviously couldn't be diagnosed with it because I was supposed to be dead but it was our best guess. The whole dying and coming back to life thing really does a number on you; if I could count the number of times I've seen Thanos killing Wanda in my dreams or watching Natasha die over and over. I would be counting for at least a year. The guilt was easing up a little though, which was due to the self-care I was inflicting upon myself. Morning runs, motorcycle rides, reading, cooking, helping Wanda with her powers; they were all helping me regain some sort of balance in my life and I felt like I was slowly going back to normal. The same thing was happening with Wanda.

At the beginning Wanda cried a lot. The grief of losing her children and the guilt of keeping that town hostage really stuck with her for awhile but she's been doing the same thing as me, staying isolated in France, enjoying the wilderness and her learning to control and explore the bounds of her powers was helpful for her. Wanda was starting to get back to normal too, or at least a new normal.

"Earth to Julia." Wanda snapped me out of my thoughts and I smiled.

"Hey beautiful." I leaned across the island and kissed her quickly.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Wanda asked, making a penny appear in her hands. I laughed at how cute she was.

"No penny necessary but there is something I wanna talk to you about." Wanda looked worried for a minute but nodded nonetheless.

"Well, uh..." I nervously played with the label on my beer, I wasn't sure how Wanda would react to this but I felt like it was time.

"I think I'm ready to call Sam." I said and Wanda's eyes widened but she also smiled.

"That's great Julia, if you think you're ready I can call him." Wanda supported my decision; that was a huge relief and I walked up to her giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"I'm ready Wanda."

"Are you prepared for him to possibly ask you to come back?" Wanda asked and I nodded.