Epilogue: II

A/N: The song is kind of perfect, I highly recommend listening while reading :)

Epilogue II: 2226- Grovedale, Alberta

I got off of my motorcycle with groceries in hand and walked towards the farmhouse I had been living in for over 200 years now. I was lucky this place was so secluded that no one even really noticed I was still alive and the people that did were long dead now. Not like it mattered though, I was just peacefully trying to live and exist like I had been for the last 200 years without much of a care in the world.

I got inside and decided to start making dinner right away since Tommy and Laura were joining me as well. I had to admit it was nice having your kids be just like you, at least I wasn't alone as selfish as that sounded. Tommy was feeling extra alone these days because the love of his life passed not too long ago, he had confided in me quite a bit and even though I told him it gets easier it really only gets numb.

Natasha has been gone for over 100 years and the pain of her death still felt fresh but I tried not to think about it. I just focused on as many things as I could. Like improving the sufficiency of my farm and now comforting my son over his lost love.

I had just finished making dinner when I heard a knock at the door and when I opened it I found my two beautiful children staring back at me.

"Hey, kids. Come in, food just got out of the oven." I said as Laura took a large sniff and sighed.

"Lasagna, yes." I smiled and nodded.

"Damn right, 300 years later and it's still the best recipe I've ever come across."

"Yeah cause you spent years in Italy perfecting it." Tommy commented as he took a seat at the dining table and heaped pasta onto his plate.

Laura soon joined him and I retreated to the kitchen to grab some drinks but before I could a figure outside caught my attention and I peaked out the window to take a better look. My eyes widened a little when I saw her, I almost thought it wasn't her but I was an immortal being with eyes like a hawk, of course it was her.

I didn't really say anything to the twins as I walked out the door and stood on the stoop at the bottom of my steps waiting for the woman to get closer. As soon as she saw me she stopped for a moment and looked at me with those soft green eyes I had once been so in love with. I took a deep breath because I had forgiven her a very long time ago and I knew exactly why she was here but was I ready for that yet? I didn't feel like it but I was never one to not take risks and besides, I'm immortal. What do I have to lose?

The woman stared at me a little longer like she was waiting for approval from me to continue forward and I took a deep breath before I gestured with my head for her to come in. I turned around and went back inside and when the twins saw me they looked at me curiously.

"What's going on mom?" Laura asked and I looked towards the door that had opened slowly and the woman was now walking in.

"We have a surprise guest." I said with a smile.

Wanda walked into view of her children and their faces were priceless. Tommy dropped his fork and Laura shot up so fast you would've thought she had the super speed.

"Mom!" Laura cried as she embraced Wanda tightly and Wanda didn't hesitate to do the same.

"Oh baby, I'm so happy to see you." Wanda's eyes filled with her tears and her Sokovian accent filled the room.

I looked at Tommy as Laura and Wanda continued their moment and he hadn't moved a muscle. He was just shocked. When Laura and Wanda finally pulled away Wanda made eye contact with Tommy who immediately looked at me for approval. I nodded my head indicating that it was okay to be excited to see his mother and he shot up in an instant just like Laura had and engulfed his mother in a hug.