Chapter 1) Surprise me

Soleil.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I say laughing.

Ben stands there chugging a bottle of hot sauce.

"This shit ain't hot!" Ben says.

"Ew. I can't watch!!" I say and shield my eyes.

I love him. As goofy and emotionless he acts on the outside, getting to know him. He's the softest thing ever. It's so damn cute. He's like a teddy bear. I'm not gonna kiss that hot sauce breath though.

"Hey, wanna go on a date?" Ben asks.
"Yes" I say.
"Where do you wanna go?" Ben asks.
"Surprise me"
"Okay, can you give me like two hours to think or do something?"
"Oh course"

I'm excited. We never get to go on dates due to the studio work and touring we go on a date like every other month. Not that it bothers me but, I'd just like to have a bit more time with my boo.

I don't have any dresses. Skinny jeans and a sweatshirt it is. I'm circling around the house and my cat is following me around.

Soon Ben enters the door.

"C'mere" Ben says and walks out the door. I make sure it's locked and head out.

Ben drives in silence. It's a comfortable silence though. I feel like I'm talking to him, but I'm not. I love every second of it.

Soon we arrive in the cabin I stayed at as a kid.

"I um, didn't bring anything."
"Shh. You'll see"

Ben takes me through this very elaborate path and I soon see a blanket and a picnic basket sitting near the little creek. Oh my gosh! This is so cute.

"Do you like it?" Ben asks nervously.
"Like it? I love it." I say.

I go and sit down, put my head in his lap.

"I really didn't bring that much romantic food because I don't really know what's romantic" Ben says.
"It's fine. I'm not even hungry."

I kiss Ben and soon I fall asleep to only the sound of Ben breathing, the wind, and the creek water flowing.

Ben.

Luckily, Soleil is pretty light and I'm able to carry her. I get to the car and see her eyes peak open a bit and she smiles, and closes them. Damn. That smile is so fucking beautiful. Everything about her is. When I'm around the guys I want to just load her with kisses. I need to look 'tough' around the boys though. Gosh darnit Ben. Platz acts all lovable around everyone. So does Dan. Just something inside of me, makes me not want to.

As I'm driving I see some fan take a picture. They should probably keep their eyes on the road. I look over to Soleil who's hair is in her eyes. Those eyes that have the most flawless pattern. Suddenly, I'm blinded by headlights. Then, everything goes dark.

Sky.

"WHAT THE HELL? I'M ON MY WAY!" I yell into the phone.

Oh my gosh. I need to hurry up.

"Platz! Babe! Come on! We need to get to the hospital!" I yell.

My heart is like popping out of my chest.

"What happened?" Platz asks.
"Just, just, I'll explain while you drive!" I say crying.

Platz runs to the car and I lock the door and run to the car.

"Well, Ben and Soleil got into a car accident and they're in really bad condition so we just need to go!" I say fastly.
"W-what? Who the fuck hit them!"
"I don't know all the details! We just need to make sure they're alright" I say with my voice cracking.

Soon we arrive at the hospital and Platz drops me off while he goes and parks the car. I just about jump out of the car before it even stops.

I run to the desk.

"I need to see the new patient Soleil and Ben" I say.
"Family only."
"I'm her sister!" I say crying.
"Okay, B-23"

I run as fast as I can and hit the elevator button. Fuck. I don't have time for this! I run up the stairwell and read the signs. B-19....B-20...B-21...B-22....B-23....

Ah! Good. I open the door and see Soleil sitting there. Her face all black and blue. Those eyes that were filled with happiness are closed. Possibly forever.

I see Ben sitting there. His hair is a mess. He has something over his eye. I walk over to him and brush his face. Then, move his hair how it should be.

Then, Soleil. I hug her drenching her shoulder in tear. DAMMIT!!

I sit down in a chair and lie my head down on her bed.

I hear coughing. It's a man coughing. Ben!

"Ben?!" I say.

He fully opens his eyes slowly and I just walk over to him and hug him. Oh my gosh.

"Ben! Are you okay?" I ask.
"I..what happened?"
"Car accident" I say in a raspy voice.
"Soleil?" He asks.
"She-shes right next to you" I say crying.

Ben weakly sits up and sees Soleil and widens his eyes and starts crying.

"IT'S ALL MY DAMN FAULT!" Ben yells.
"Ben...it's not your fault" I say.
"YEAH IT IS! I WAS LOOKING AT HER SLEEPING AND I SHOULD'VE BEEN FOCUSING ON THE ROAD!" Ben yells.
"Ben. What was the last thing she said?"
"She fucking wasted her last words saying I love you to me!"

I look over at Soleil and go sit back in my chair and lay my head down on her bed.

"DAMMIT! MOVE MY BED NEXT TO HERS SO I CAN HOLD HER HAND!" Ben says crying.

I move the beds close enough so they can hold hands. Where is everyone? Horrible liars.

"Soleil...come back" I say quietly.

Some doctor comes in. Damn.

"Hey what are you doing?" He asks.
"That's her sister!" Ben says quickly.

Thank you so much Ben. Oh my.

The doctor said Soleil should survive. I exhale. So much weight lifted off my shoulders.

No broken bones or anything just a lot of glass was stuck in their body. And some other injuries due to the impact.

A day goes by.

SOLEIL JUST WAKE UP ALREADY!

Platz and the boys came by to see them. I've never seen them cry so much.

Another day goes by.

I feel moving on this bed. Just.. I'm tired. All just a dream. I open my eyes weakly and see Soleil with her eyes partly open.

"Where am I?" She asks.
"OH MY GOSH BABE!!!!!" Ben says crying.
"You were in a car accident." I say crying.
"IM SORRY!" Ben says crying.
"Ben. It's fine." She says.

My best friend is alive.