Chapter 27) Missing

+Sky+

I hate getting out of bed. Like please let me sleep for five minutes! I bought some new stuff for our baby boy yesterday. Well, not some, a lot of stuff. I've never seen a bluer room! I'm gonna have two little beans now! Yay!

I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and I turn myself around to look at the door. Daniel walks in with some bacon, eggs, home fries, and a banana on a plate.

"Hey babe, this is for you."
"Thanks Daniel, I love you"
"I love you guys too." Daniel says and sits on the bed with me.

He smiles at me and stares at my stomach.
"It could happen today ya know?" Daniel says.
"Yeah, I know. I'm still not emotionally, physically, and mentally prepared yet. I don't think I'll ever be"
"Well, at least you know more now because of Drew"
"Yeah true"

I eat my food slowly and I yawn in between.

"What's Drew doing?" I ask.
"I got him working on his drums in his room. I don't know if he's actually doing it or not." Daniel responds laughing.

+Dan Reynolds+

Sky and Platz are having a baby shower today! I'm pretty sure its just Daniel's family and the rest of the band and their wives. I'm not too sure though!

I'm actually really excited but there is a ton of band babies! I don't know how we all are gonna fit on a bus. We probably can't. I know Platz would understand if Sky, Drew, and little bean baby can't go. I'm just worried it'd interfere with his drumming. I love Platz a lot and don't want to see him broken...like me.

"Hun, I'm gonna take a nap for like an hour before we go" I yell.
"Alright! I'll make Arrow leave ya alone! I'll leave you to dream..." Aja yells back.

There she is. The girl I love. Brown hair, blue eyes, scarred arms, young face, she dresses like a teenager even though she's a mom. I don't know her anymore. She's not the same person I used to date. There is always a connection towards her. I still love her. I love Aja too.

Damn Dan, you know you love her.
"No I don't!" I scream.
"Yes you do" it's her voice.

I do. Hearing her voice is such a relief. She shows up behind me, and she takes me into her embrace and I am left here. Soothing. I love this.

I breathe. Calmly.

"Are you alright now baby?"
"I am perfect" I respond.

She lets go of me and there is another man there, he looks similar, but I can't quite figure out who it is.

She walks over to him and kisses him. He takes her into his embrace and she is focused on him.

I scream and cry. She doesn't look over at me. She doesn't realize I'm broken. I am broken. She disappears, but her shadow is still around. Following me to every show with him. He's my friend.

Why is he still with her? Doesn't he notice I'm broken without her? Why does he do this?

"Hey Dan, you need to wake up. We have 15 minutes until the baby shower" I hear Aja say.

I think about the dream, or nightmare, debating on whether to tell Aja or not.

I decide not too.

I get up and comb my fingers through my hair and change.

"You ready?" Aja asks.
"Mmm yeah" I say.

I grab the car keys and Aja picks up Arrow and buckles her in the car and then Aja climbs in the passenger seat.