Chapter 3) Gone

Dan.

Aja, she's here. In my bed, no. Our bed. I love her. I love Arrow. I love this life. I can't stop thinking about next tour though. Leaving them again. Deep breaths. I just want a week of alone time with them. Maybe if we all ask. Maybe.

I grab my phone and tiptoe downstairs. I dial Platz's number in and wait.

"Hey what Dan?" Platz asks.
"Um, are you alone right now?" I ask.
"Yeah I'm in the bathroom" Platz says.

I'll just ignore that...

"Um do you think we could all ask for like a week off?" I say.
"I don't see why not, worth a try. We haven't gotten a week off in over a year"
"Okay but don't tell Sky, Aja or Lexi."
"Okay"
"Alright, see ya later man!"

I hang up. I'm gonna surprise Aja. I want to like scream. We don't even know if it's gonna happen. Dammit.

"Daddy!" Arrow says walking down the stairs.
"Hey Arrow"
"I want milk"

I get Arrow her milk and we sit down on the couch and watch TV together.

"I want to watch Team Umizoomi!" Arrow says.

Nooo. Not Team Umizoomi! I hate this show. I turn it on anyways. I dread every second of this, but I love every second spent with Arrow.

I pick Arrow up and spin her around. She laughs and laughs. Oh shit. I don't want to wake up Aja. Arrow is literally the cutest little child I've ever seen. I don't want her to grow up. I don't want her to move out. I love her. I remember when she was born. I never knew it was possible to fall in love with someone so fast.

-----------------------------
Daniel.

I'm driving to the stupid studio. I feel like I live here. Eh, I do love being in the studio when Aja watches Drew and Sky comes. Sky comes around 1 day a week and stays with Drew the other six. I love those days. Soon, I arrive. I see Dan, Ben, and Wayne sitting out front.

Am I late? I check my clock 12:15. Shit.

"Sorry I'm late guys" I say.
"C'mon we have to go ask. They agree" Dan says.

We walk in to this building. The building that keeps me separated from Drew and Sky. The building I spend hours at. Ugh.

Dan approaches our manager, Alex, and begins.

"So, Alex, we all really want time with our family and want to know if we could possibly get one week off. Just to hang out with them. Considering we haven't gotten a week off in over a year?" Dan asks.

"THANK GOODNESS. I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK!" Alex says.
"so is that a yes?" Ben asks.
"YEAH!" Alex yells.
"Should we work today?" I ask.
"Actually, you guys, I'll give you 11 days off, today included"
"Thank you so much Alex!" We all say.

As I drive home I have a huge smile on my face. Yes! I get 11 days off to be with Drew and Sky! Sky wants a job, but I don't want her to get one because I just want Drew to grow up with a parent. I don't want him to have to be without Sky when I'm on tour.

As I arrive the house, I notice that Sky's car is gone. Darnit. They probably went grocery shopping. Then I hear my phone ring. If it's work I swear. Ugh.

"Hello" I say
"Is Sky there?" I hear Dan ask.
"No, why?"
"Aja and Arrow aren't here and Wayne said Lexi and River weren't there either and they won't pick up their phone" Dan says.
"They're all probably doing something together"
"Okay, I'll give it awhile. Bye man."