Chapter 6) Finally

One year later.

Sky.

Okay, okay. How do I get to the hospital? I fucking forgot. Wait...yeah. I think I remember. My hands are shaking and I can barely see anything. This is probably dangerous? Eh. Soon I'm here.

I jun up the desk and she tells me the directions to the room. I open the door to the most beautiful sight. Crying... Smiling..love. I walk over to the bed.

I give a questionable look and there she is. Alexa Marie McKee.

I'm holding her with my shaking hands and I'm sitting there crying. She's here. She's in my arms. I don't even know what to say. Her eyes aren't open, but she has a head full of hair and the most peaceful face that you just never get tired of looking at.

"Soleil. Are you okay? With Ben being gone and everything?" I ask.
"We talk everyday. Plus, you have Drew. You have to deal with it too."

They've been on tour. I miss Daniel so damn much. It must be hard for Ben. He missed the birth of his child. Lexi was here with Soleil, I couldn't because I had Drew with me. Aja came and picked him up right before I left.

Tour. How many more days? 2 months.
2 months til I see Daniel. 2 months til I get to kiss those lips.

They've been on tour for about 3 months and Drew is just falling apart. Skype doesn't help that much.

"Does Ben know?"
"I haven't had time to call him" Soleil says with her voice cracking.

I stand up and hand Alexa over to Soleil. I dig out my phone and call Ben. After about 2 rings he picks up.

"WHAT'S WRONG?" he says worried.

I put him on speaker and hand Soleil the phone.

"Alexa. She's here" Soleil says crying.
A silence begins and then I hear sniffling in the background.
"Oh my gosh."
"WELCOME TO THE CLUB!" I heard Dan quietly say in the background.
"All of us are married and have one kid..." I hear Daniel say.

Fuck. I miss him. Alexa Marie McKee. She's gonna love Drew. She's gonna be amazing. I hear Ben balling his eyes out in the background. I feel bad for him. He missed his own child being born.

"Guys..." I hear Ben say
"What?" Dan says.
"You're going to have to find another bassist for the band for the next month." Ben says.
"We can't Ben! It's not that simple." Wayne says.
"IT'S NOT THAT DAMN SIMPLE BEING AWAY FROM YOU FUCKING WIFE THAT HAS A BABY THAT YOU MISSED BEING BORING! IS IT?"
"Ben...calm down" Wayne says.
"NO I'M NOT GONNA CALM DOWN!" Ben yells.

Wow..I've never seen Ben get this angry. Wow.

"Ben please.." Soleil says through the phone.
"Please what?" Ben says.
"Stop. I'll be fine."

Soleil is crying and crying.

"No please.....I want to see you guys. I'm not going to be able to see Alexa until she's 2 months old..."
"Ben...it's okay." Soleil says.
"No it's fucking not!!!!" Ben says.
"My computer is in the car...do you want me to get it so you can skype?" I ask.
"YES" Ben yells.

I run out to get my computer and run back inside. Damn it's cold outside. I boot it up and then open up Skype.

"Here"

I stick the computer on side table next to Soleil. She holds up Alexa and shows Ben.

"Oh my gosh. She's so damn beautiful." Ben says.

I see Daniel push Ben over and then Daniel sits in front of the screen.

"OH DAMN..SHE'S LOOKIN' FINE!" Daniel says "I meant Sky..not the baby..."
Soleil laughs.
"But really...She's beautiful"

Ben pushes Daniel over and I hear a huge thump on the ground. Then some hysterical laughter that is the most beautiful thing.

"Guys? Can I please just....meet my daughter?" Ben says.
"Well, we have about 2 months left of tour, but we finished Latin America today, I think we can possibly extend tour and cancel the shows and put them at another date but we'll have to check first" Mac says.
"Do you think you could?" Ben asks.
"I'll get on it right now"

Silence. A smile. A laugh.

"Well, I'm gonna go, I'll call you in a few hours" Ben says.
"Okay, I love you." Soleil says on the verge of tears.
"I love you and Alexa too."

Then, he hangs up. Damnit. I wanted to say goodbye to Daniel. It can wait though.

"Soleil, I got to go pick up Drew. Do you think you'll be fine?"
"Yeah, Drew needs you"

I walk out and go to Aja's.

"Drew isn't doing so good. He's been laying down all day and he keeps acting up" Aja explains.
"He misses Daniel"
"I figured, Arrow has been a little bit upset too."

While Drew's sitting in the backseat, he throws his cup up in the front and starts screaming.

"Drew...Please stop"
"WANT DADDY!!!! WANT DADDY" he screams.
"Knock it off!" I say.
"DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" Drew yells.

I drive home and put Drew in his bed. Minutes later...

"DADDY DADDY DADDY"

DAMNIT. DAMNIT.

"Drew c'mere, I want you to come lay down with me" I say.

Drew walks over to me and lays down in the bed on Daniel's side. I miss Daniel. I miss Daniel.

When Drew is finally asleep, my phone starts ringing. Meow. Meow. Meow.

Daniel's name appears on the screen. I answer it and I hear his voice. That sweet voice that sounds different every time he speaks, but at the same time it's so familiar.

"Sky.... I'm coming home..." Daniel says.
"When and how long?" I say
"We're getting on the flight tomorrow and we'll be here for 2 weeks but we are only missing about 4 shows"
"I'm so excited."
"You better be"
"Drew...he had a breakdown today"
"Poor guy..I...I miss him a lot."
"Well, you'll get to see him."

The day after tomorrow. I'll get to see him. Yes.