Chapter 12)

This chapter is dedicated to Soleil. Kthxbai
ALSO, I WENT TO MY IMAGINE DRAGONS CONCERT AND IT WAE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I LOVED EVERY SECOND.
-
Dan.

We all knew this wasn't gonna end well, or so we thought. They're alright now. Aja doesn't look that content with Sky but its a start. I love Aja and totally regret all that with Sky. It wasn't professional at all. Immature shit a father shouldn't be doing. I feel really guilty about the baby. 6 months? Really? Its all my fault too. If Daniel would've never stormed off those people wouldn't of barged in. It always happens when they aren't home. They still haven't found the people that did it. I think Sky is terrified. I would be too.

"C'mon Dan" Aja says.
"Alright, I can't wait to go home and just lay down" I say.
"I don't think Arrow's gonna let you do that, right?" Aja says laughing.
"No daddy! We going to have fun!" Arrow says.
"Okay, okay" I say.

I pick Arrow's little body up and carry her. It always makes me nervous that I'm gonna break her. Still, hitting those drums for so long. Its a lot harder than it seems. I don't even go to a gym. There is no time. I'm gonna miss everyone. I want to go see Platz. Maybe we can have a guys night out.

"Aja is it alright if I have a guys-"
"Yes, you don't need to ask me. You're old enough to make your own decisions."

I get in the taxi and pull out my phone.
"Hey Ben, want to have a guys night out? 9:00pm?"
Some mumbling and shuffling is in the background.
"Yeah that's fine with me."
"Okay good"

On to Wayne. He might be the one to take us home. He usually doesn't drink.

"Hey Wayne, guys night out tonight?" I ask.
"Sure, I can come after I get River to bed at like 8:30"
"Perfect! 9:00"

"Platz, guys night out at 9:00"
"Yeah, okay."
"Okay bye"

I'm excited to be home.

Daniel/Platz

I don't know if I want to come home and be disruptive after drinking. I think I'll be fine though. I'm usually not that loud. Who says I'll even drink anyways. I'm sitting here with Drew. We're watching Spongebob. He really loves this show. Sky did when she was a teen. I was more of an outdoorsy person. In the morning I'd hurry up and eat my breakfast and either go swimming or play soccer. I didn't have any neighbors. We lived really far out in the country. I miss that. I miss having a bunch of farm animals. Every afternoon having to feed the chickens and stuff. We never killed our pigs either. We didn't kill any animals. We just kept them. I mean, we did get some milk and eggs but that's about it. I miss it. I was in Atlanta, then.

"Hey, Drew, what's your favorite animal?" I ask.
"I like doggies daddy!"

~

Its about 8 o'clock. I suppose I should start getting ready. I don't think I'm gonna dress very dressy because we're probably just going to go a bar. Not what responsible parents should do, but we all deserve a break. I take off my shirt, quickly finding a plain comfortable gray shirt. Soon, I find a pair of not-so-skinny skinny jeans and throw those on. I lightly comb my messy hair and spray about 2 squirts of Aqua Di Gio cologne on. Finally, I'm finished. I head to Drews room, the only thing you can hear is him breathing. I give him a kiss on the forehead while he's deep in his slumber. I go downstairs and see Sky eating cereal.

"I'm going to go babe, I love you"
"Hey, just don't do anything stupid and don't drive home drunk. I'll come pick you up if you need me to. Just call me" Sky says.
"Damn girl, do you not trust me or something?"
"I don't trust anyone when they're drunk, not even myself. I love you."
"You too" I say as I walk out the door