Chapter 10) Permanent

Ben.

It's not the same. Platz isn't here. I feel like I am missing the only thing that molded me together. Platz was always the funniest of all of us and now he's gone. I'll just have to stay strong. I can tell it's bothering Dan and Wayne. This other guy isn't that bad, but he's not Platz. I want to call him, but I'm afraid to annoy him. How cliché?

"Hey Ben? You alright?" Wayne asks.
"Yeah"

I don't have Alexa or Soleil with me and now I don't have Platz. This ending of tour is going to be the toughest one. Eventually, Soleil and Alexa can come along. I don't know how we all are going to manage to stay in a tour bus together since we all have a child. I'm so nervous. I'm frightened. I don't know what awaits me. Good? Bad? Only the future can tell.

Fuck it I'm calling Platz.

"Hey?" I ask.
"Hey Ben" Platz replies exhausted.
"How is Sky?"
"She's awake."
"So are you coming back?!?"
"Ben... She can't take care of Drew by herself"

DAMN IT!

"How's tour?" Platz asks
"Well, it's not the same without you"
"I'm sorry"
"Dude, it's not your fault"
"Yes it is,"
"When are you gonna quit that?"
"Quit what?" Platz asks.
"Quit acting like everything is always your fault. You've been like that ever since I met you. In college if the conducter messed up you'd blame it on yourself. If someone else spilled their drink back when we used to party, you'd blame it on yourself."
"Bye." Platz says and then hangs up.

Sky.

My body aches all over as I lie here. The doctor told me the most shocking news. That baby, wasn't Dan's. It was Daniel's. He said it was a girl too. Now, she's dead. Daniel isn't mad at me anymore. That doesn't mean anything to me though. I still cheated on him. I feel so guilty for that. I always will. Daniel had never gotten into a relationship because he was afraid. He was afraid of being hurt and used. I hope he doesn't think I'm doing that to him.

There is still a chance I will die. This is so terrifying. If I do survive, I have permanent damage in my lower abdomen. Which mean, the chance of me having another child is slim. They're still looking for the people that invades our house. That's what terrifies me too. I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen and my grip on Daniel's hand tightens, but isn't too tight because I'm so weak from all of this. I wonder if Aja's mad at me. I'm sure she is. Daniel is pissed at Dan. Her song "I believe (get over yourself)" was about Dan. Its one of my favorites. It's so beautiful.

The doctor walks into my room with a disappointed look on his face and walks over to Daniel and I.

"Well, I have some bad news" he says.
Oh great! I love bad news!
"Well?" Platz says
"Sky will have to stay in the hospital for 1 more week for observing and I suggest you stay with home with her for the next month"

Well, that's not too bad for some people but one week feels like an eternity. Ugh. The doctor leaves the room and Daniel is left staring in my eyes.

"Daniel...does Aja hate me now?"
"I don't know"
"I regret it all. I'm so sorry. I'm not gonna leave an excuse here."
"Can you just not talk about it?"
"Sorry"

I turn on the TV and start channel surfing. Ahhhhh. Nothing. I'll watch the news.

The headline is about our house.
Local Resident Daniel Platzman's house has been invaded.

Ohh great.

--------Authors Note----

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I'm busy my science finals are June 2nd and I start soccer June 2nd. SORRYYY.