Chapter 7) Mistake

Sky.

I wake up to Drew jumping on the bed. Please... Five more minutes..

"Mommy! Get up!" He yells.

Okay I guess not. We get to see Daniel tomorrow! 2 weeks!! Yay!

"Drew what do you want to do today?" I ask.
"Fun!"
"Well, obviously!"
"See Arrow?"
"Nah, I'm thinking of something we both can do just us"
"See Daddy?" Drew asks.

Damnit.

"How about we go to the mall?" I ask
"Mommy not fun!"
"Give me a minute"

I'll ask Drew if he wants to get stuff for baby Alexa. Good.

"Hey, let's go get stuff for baby Alexa"
"Can I get stuff?"
"Sure."

Ben.

15 hour flight. Ugh. I just want to see Alexa and Soleil! This can't go any slower. Ugh. Let's just sleep.

I wake up to the sound of people screaming and panicking.

"What's going on?" I ask Dan who sits next to me unbothered.
"Well, someone said we are going to crash"

My heart stops.

"Why aren't you freaking out?" I ask.
"Eh"

Oh my gosh. Please. I want to see Alexa. I want her to know her father is there for her. Damnit.

"It looks like we are back on board" the pilot says through the speakers.

Thank goodness. Landing soon. Approximately 10 minutes! Yas! Getting off this plane. Yes.

We land safely, and I run out of the plane, grab my luggage, and head towards the entrance. I pick a taxi and tell them I need to go to the hospital. Then, I grab my luggage out of the back and haul it into the hospital. Oh my. Why didn't I go home first? No time for that.

"Ben McKee" I say to the lady at the front desk.
"2nd floor, 4th room to your right" she says smiling.

I'm running as fast as I can with this stupid luggage. I make it to the door and open it slowly, in case they're asleep. As I open the door I hear Alexa whine.

"Shut up and let me sleep" Soleil says.
"Soleil?" I say.
"BEN?" She says without looking over.

Then, she positions herself to look over and she starts crying. Oh my gosh. I'm here. I need to see Alexa. I walk over to cart and see her. Alexa Marie McKee. She's sitting there whining. She's so beautiful. Her eyes are green, like my eyes. I gently pick her up. I feel like she could break at any moment. I soon realize, I'm crying. They're so beautiful. I'm in love.

Sky.

I'm watching Arrow for Dan tonight, luckily she seemed tired and went to bed fast. I guess Dan is taking Aja to dinner. Then, Dan's picking little Arrow up once Aja falls asleep.

Hmm. Daniel left me wine in the fridge. Well, Drew and Arrow are sleeping! Let's party! Fuck my depression! Daniel is out spending the night with Ben telling him tips about being a father and stuff. Its definitely good for them to do that. Hm. Shots too? Hell yeah!

Two hours after nonstop drinking, I can barely walk. Then, knocking at the door. Oh yeah! Dan! I open the door and see Dan stand their in a plaid shirt and some black skinny jeans.

"Come in!" I say laughing.
"Sky, are you alright?"
"Yeah, always!"

Dan just looks at me and smiles. Damn.

Daniel.

"Okay, well first, you need to always be calm" I say explaining parenting a child.
"HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO BE CALM?" Ben yells.
"Ben, the best advice I can give you is love that child more than anything"

Silence follows. I'm tired. I miss Drew. I miss Sky. I need to be here for Ben though.

"Changing diapers?" Ben asks.
"It's a girl, you shouldn't have any problems because she can't pee on you. Now, I'm gonna tell you something I've never told anyone, not even Sky. One day, when I was changing Drew's diaper, he peed all over me"
Ben bursts out laughing.
"Haha peeboy!"
"Shut up" I mumble.

Soon, we both pass out. I wake up the next morning and go back to see Sky and Drew. When, I got there Sky seemed a bit off guard. Which, she always is when I come home after awhile. We both lay down next to each other for an hour while Drew is hitting the drums.

"I love you.." I say.
"I love you too" she says.

The past week and 5 days has gone fast too quick. Ah. Right now I'm getting ready in the bathroom to go on a date with Sky. I'm so excited. I love this girl. I really do.

I open up the compartment that is below the sink and see something.. What? My heart stops for what seems like forever. A pregnancy test? Positive. A GIRL. WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GIRL! Why didn't Sky tell me? I pick it up and walk over to our bedroom.

"Sky!" I say happily.

I'M FUCKING HAVING A DAUGHTER. WAIT IT COULD BE A BOY. WHATEVER! I'M HAVING ANOTHER KID!

"Huh?" She says.
"WE'RE HAVING A KID?"

Her face goes bright red and she starts crying.

"Daniel....it might not be your kid" Sky barely says.
"What, you're kidding right?"
"No, I drank the night you were with Ben and when Dan came to get Arrow, I just, was drunk"
"WHAT THE FUCK?" I yell.
"I'm sorry it was a mistake"
"WELL NOW LOOK AT IT! IT'S PROBABLY NOT OUR KID! I'VE BEEN WANTING A GIRL FOREVER BUT OF COURSE NOT!" I scream.
"Daniel, I didn't tell you because I scheduled for an abortion in a few weeks." "NOW YOU'RE KILLING A KID FOR PETES SAKE!"
"Mommy? Daddy? Why you fighting?" Drew says standing at the doorway .

"FUCK YOU SKY! GO MARRY DAN!" I say.

Then, I hear Drew start crying.

"C'mon Drew we're leaving." I say.

I walk out to my car and start it. Time to go somewhere else. Away from her.