Chapter 24)

+Sky+

"She's such a beaut." I say to Daniel, who is wearing an ATL shirt and a pair of sweatpants. His favorite shirt and sweatpants.

Drew comes in and asks me for food. I go to the kitchen, making him macaroni and cheese as he sits down and talks to Daniel in the booth. The same one from the tour bus.

"Yeah. How's having a sister?" Daniel asks Drew.
"She's cute, but she's annoying too"
"I've heard she acts better than you."
"MOM! SHUT UP!"
I laugh at Drew's response and place the bowl of macaroni and cheese in front of him.
He eats it silently. Mae is still sleeping in her swing.
"Are you happy to be done with studio work?" I ask.
"Well, I've done my justice. Time for someone else to do theirs." He says.
"Lots of people are going to miss you."
"I'm going to miss lots of people"

Drew finishes his macaroni and cheese and places it in the sink.

"Oh, Daniel, I found something from your teenage years. You must've thrown it away, but its your dream journal"
"Oh, thanks. I'll have to read it. Do you mind if I go to the living room and read?" I ask.
"No, of course not. Go ahead." Sky smiles.

I walk to the living room and sit on the gray chair and place my feet on the gray ottoman that matches.

My first entry writes;

Age:13
Date: 11/9

I thought it was baby-ish to start a dream journal, but my therapist told me to. So here. I'm a pretty good writer for my age.

She was in my dream again. The same girl was in my dream. She had blue eyes, the kind that you forget what you're doing when you look in them. The illusive pattern. Her brown, long hair that went a little bit past her elbows. She was my age, maybe a bit younger. Her smile didn't compare to anyone elses. Although, she didn't smile much. She seemed like she was hiding something. That something, was pain. All she did was stand there, smile every once and awhile. We were in a room. A bed with a zebra print bed set. Her wall had posters and recent pictures of her family. Some Pokémon wall decals were there, but most looked like they'd been picked at. Even the ones that were near the ceiling. Her wall was a dark gray color with a tan carpet. Her bed sat on a wooden bed frame with a well detailed headboard. She didn't have a closet, only a dresser. Then, when I was observing her posters, I hear her say, "Daniel," in the most beautiful, soft, voice I've ever heard. It made my heart melt even though I'd never met her. Then, I woke up at 7:00am.

Entry #2
Date: 11/11

She could move this time. She still can't talk. She would sit with me and hold my hand. She made me feel like I was her world, without talking. She had a phone, but didn't use it when she was around. I'd just talk to her and she'd shrug or nod when I said something. She'd make hand signals too.

Entry #3
Date: 12/1

She came back in my dreams. This time, she could talk. She'd tell me about how much she missed me over this past month. She'd been lonely without me not visiting her. She'd say I didn't think of her often, and that why I never visited. I promised her I'd visit her more. I told her how much I loved looking in her eyes. She told me about out she loved my hair. I fell in love with her. Her voice, personality, physical characteristics, just about everything. The problem is, she isn't real.

I close the book and place it on the small table.

I wake up and look at the clock. I don't feel like getting up. That dream last night was really weird. Oh well.

I see Sky is gone and I go downstairs and see she's not downstairs. Drew is gone too.

Was my dream real?

I look around and fall to my knees and sob. I look up at the kitchen counter and see a piece of paper.

I stand up and pick up the piece of paper.

Daniel,
Going to the store to get some food w. Drew. I love you

xx

I smile at the words. Yay! Food.

(A/N ~ I guess I'm kinda bored. Now, I have no idea when I'm going to update this next, but til next time xx)