Chapter 4) It's Time

Daniel.

"Hey Sky" I say.
"Yeah?" She says quietly. She's still shaking. I just want her to know that I'm gonna protect her.
"I um, got 11 days off, 10 now." I say.
"Really?" she says enthusiastically.
"Yes, but I already made plans for something,"
"What!" She says.
"C'mere"

As she walks over to me I grow a hug smile on my face.

"We're all gonna go to Disneyworld" I whisper.

Her eyes widen and she frowns. She's scared to go to anything remotely like that fair.

"Trust me it will be fine"

I told her we were getting on the plane tomorrow afternoon, so we have to pack tonight while Drew is sleeping. I hope he'll like it. I stick Drew in his bed. As I look at his comforter I smile. A fan made it, for him. It says Imagine Dragons on it and Dan, Ben, Wayne, and I's face.

I walk into Drew's bedroom about ten minutes later and there he is; sleeping. I play a little bit of our music so he doesn't hear me take clothes out of our dresser. I don't listen to our music, I find it really weird and working in the studio, I memorize it. I don't get sick of it, just want to get away from it.

I pack all our stuff and look at the clock 3am. I need sleep. I lay down next to Sky and tightly wrap my arms around her. I can't sleep. Ugh. I go walk over to Drew's room and pick him up and carry him to our bed. Then, I wrap my arms around both of them. That's better.

-

I wake up to Sky groaning. Ugghhh. I'm so tired. I look over at the clock 10am. We need to get to the airport at 12. Crap.

"Sky, get up."

So thankful I packed last night. I go and grab some clothes out of my dresser. Take my dirty ones off and put clean ones on, brush my teeth and hair, then gel my hair.

"Daaamnnn" Sky says.
"I know, don't I look fab"

Drew is awake now and he saw the bags and he thinks I'm leaving. That's the worst feeling ever, when your son sees a luggage bag he thinks you're leaving. It'll be worth it.

"C'mon guys. We gotta go" I say.

I see Sky carrying Drew to the door and I just smile. Damn. They both are so cute.

Ben.

I need to do something with Soleil with this time off. What do I do? PLEASE JUST GIVE ME THE ANSWER!

"Hey Soleil, where should we go?" I say.
"Maybe just stay here. We don't have to go somewhere for it to be special"
"You're right, more stress if we go somewhere"

Damn. I'm surprised she still wants to be with me after what I did. I almost killed her. Fuck you Ben, fuck you. You suck. She still has trouble sleeping. I did that. She still is sketchy when she's in a car. I did that.

I sneak up behind her and hug her while she's cooking spaghetti.

"Damn it you scared me!" Soleil says.

Man up Ben. Just do it already. Damnit. WHY AM I SUCH A WUSS? I can't do it here, somewhere else.

"Hey Soleil, want to go out on the beach after we eat dinner. I heard it's high tide at eight" I say.
"Okay, sure"

Alright, I need to physically, mentally, and emotionally prepare myself. I walk to our bedroom and run my fingers through my hair. C'mon.

"Dinners done" Soleil yells.

We eat dinner mainly in silence. It's a comfortable silence though. I mean, we crack a few jokes here and there. Then, it's 8. Time to man up Ben.

"Are you ready?" I ask.
"Yeah, I'm coming"

The walk to the beach was nice. Windy, but not too windy. It was warm out for once, not hot.

Okay Ben. It's time.

-------------
Sorry for a short chapter. I was kinda depressed when I wrote this so, yeah.