Chapter 14

While Baoshan went to visit Lotus Pier, Lan Zhan was asked to watch over Wei Ying. He has just gone through his soul transfer and he is to wake soon. When he entered the room Wei Ying was in, which was called the cultivation room. He could feel the spiritual energy immensely. He felt fine for the time being he just wanted to check on Wei Ying. He walked up to his body, now with his soul returned, and couldn't help but cry.

This was Wei Ying, not just his soul, but his body. His whole being was laying asleep there in front of him. There was a chair beside the bed and sat beside Wei Ying. He took his hand and it felt cool but warm. Cool because of the room, but warm because of the blood circulating through his veins. He reached out his hand and slowly trailed his finger down his face. Down his forehead around his eyebrows and his eyelids. He slid his thumb down his cute button nose and across his delicate lips. He placed his hand on his lover's cheek and rubbed his thumb gently.

He had only touched Wei Ying through Mo Xuanyu's body, kissed him through on Mo's lips, and held Mo in his arms, even though the soul was Wei Ying. He could now have his lover fully. Hold him as himself in his body, kiss his lips, HIS lips. He found Wei Ying's skin to be soft, softer then Mo Xuanyu's. Wei Ying's body was more build, but still had that slight feminine like curve to his hips. Lan Zhan never thought he would see Wei Ying's original body again. He was happy he can now.

He slowly slid down his robes a little, only to reveal the Wen Brand that he took for MianMian that one day in Xuanwu's cave. Lan Zhan has one on his chest due to a drunk incident. He felt connected to Wei Ying more now with this mark. Wei Ying's body was also cleansed completely. He no longer carried resentful energy anywhere within him.

As Lan Zhan continued to stroke Wei Ying's cheek, his eyes slowly started to open. Once his vision was cleared enough, he looked at the direction of the hand on his face. He saw Lan Zhan. Wei Ying smiled seeing him, he was happy to see Lan Zhan the moment he woke, so happy that tears broke free from his eyes. He was also happy he was back in his own body. He was himself completely again.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Ying could barely speak due to being asleep for a couple hours. He was also thirsty as his mouth was beyond dry, "water."

Lan Zhan stood and got some water for him and carefully helped him drink it, "better?" Lan Zhan asked.

Wei Ying nodded, "thank you," he said through his breath.

"If it is hard to speak, you don't have to force yourself," Lan Zhan told him and gave him a kiss on his forehead, "how are you feeling though?"

"Sleepy, but fine," Wei Ying answered as he was gaining his voice back.

"You will probably feel fatigue for a bit due to the anesthesia you had for the procedure. You will just have to rest and sleep it off," Lan Zhan told him, "I will be here though, I won't go anywhere."

"I remember Zumu say that after I wake I can go to my normal bed," he said, "could you help me? It is cold in here."

Lan Zhan nodded and picked him up, "You are still light," he told him.

Wei Ying let out a chuckle, "I'll have to work on that," he said, "but you Lan's have incredible arm strength. My definition of light and your definition of light might be two different types."

That made Lan Zhan chuckle, "I suppose so," he said and set Wei Ying down on the bed.

"Will you lay with me?" Wei Ying asked, "this body is craving Lan Zhan's touch."

Lan Zhan laughed again at his lover's words, "you are something else," Lan Zhan said and laid with him on the bed.

Lan Zhan held him close. Warmth blossomed in Lan Zhan's chest, butterflies dancing in his stomach. Lan Zhan placed his hands up, resting them on the curve of Wei Ying's hips, and felt those sure hands tremble.

The warmth consumed Lan Zhan as he leaned into kiss his soulmate. His lips brushed Wei Ying's, impossibly soft against his own, like butterfly wings, just long enough that he could inhale his breath, and feel the warmth of his skin. Lan Zhan's burning, trembling hands reached from Wei Ying hips, up to his ribs, and stilled themselves. Still they kissed, sharing breath, bodies close, the deeper scent of them both, beneath lotus flowers and sandalwood.

Lan Zhan's lips picked up the pace against Wei Ying's hungrily. Wei Ying's mouth opened and Lan Zhan's tongue pushing past his lover's clenched teeth to the moist space within. Wei Ying worked his mouth against Lan Zhan's, their tongues battling back and forth like a spar, each trying to succeed the other.

The heat rose in Wei Ying's cheeks as his tongue touched Lan Zhan's tongue, quick and electric and delicious, then firmer, more determined, more curious about the heat that lay within, seeking to chase down that elusive liquid lightning that reached through both of them.

Lan Zhan rolled them from their sides to have Wei Ying underneath him. The weight of his body on top of Wei Ying's, pressing against him. His hands began to roam up and down Wei Ying's sides. From the top of his chest down to his hips then back up his body. Wei Ying moaned under his touch.

Lan Zhan pulled from the kiss and stared into Wei Ying's beautiful silver eyes. Lan Zhan's fingers trailed down his lover's cheek to his lips, outlining the shape of his mouth. He bent down, his lips against Wei Ying's cheek, brushing it lightly. Shivers ran through his whole body, making him tremble. Lan Zhan brushed his mouth against the hollow of Wei Ying's temple then traced the line of his jawbone.

The aching anticipation for him to kiss Wei Ying was suddenly too much and Wei Ying reached up and pulled his mouth to his own. He kissed him gently, and carefully. Lan Zhan groaned softly, low in his throat, and then his arms circled under him, gathering Wei Ying against him tighter beneath them.

All that existed was Lan Zhan at that moment. Wei Ying could feel Lan Zhan's warmth burning through his clothes. Wei Ying ran his fingers along his back feeling the ridged scars through his robs. It was an imperfection that made Lan Zhan seem even more perfect. Lan Zhan fumbled as he pushed his heavy hair aside to kiss his ear. Wei Ying didn't think he'd ever seen his hands unsteady before.

Wei Ying trailed his nose across Lan Zhan's jaw, inhaling the rustic sandalwood, of him. He released a pent-up breath, the sound like music. Wei Ying's pulse tapped a fast beat and his breath quickened with it. He stroked Lan Zhan's cheek and kissed every inch of his neck until he moaned. Or maybe he made the sound himself; they seemed to share each breath, each heartbeat. It felt as if the universe disappeared and all that remained was the two of them, holding each other close.

"I am so in love with you, Lan Zhan," Wei Ying admitted.

"I am so in love with you too, Wei Ying," Lan Zhan said in response and kissed his nose, then traced the line of Wei Ying cheek with his fingertip, a dreamlike intensity in his gaze.

Wei Ying never wanted this moment end. He felt more alive, every nerve ending jangling as they stared into each other's eyes, enjoying the private moment. A final kiss from Lan Zhan at this moment captured Wei Ying's lips. A kiss so fierce and full of longing that it felt like a love song.

Lan Zhan rolled off of Wei Ying and pulled him close. Wei Ying wrapped his arms around him in secure hold. His head rested in Lan Zhan's chest as Lan Zhan stroked his hair and held him close as well. As they lay there cuddling, Wei Ying fell back to sleep and Lan Zhan dozed off soon after he did.