Chapter 15

It was morning at Celestial Mountain. Lan Zhan had to leave to Gusu as he knows his brother will be out of seclusion soon and he wanted to see him. Wei Ying understood that. He said he would go with but he will be busy cultivating his new core. Baoshan had promised to help him get his life back, and that's all he wanted. To cultivate again and be with Lan Zhan. Because Lan Zhan was leaving, he spent his morning helping Baoshan with what ever she needs for Wei Ying to start cultivating.

"A'Ying, I am going to need you to drink this," Baoshan said handing him a tea cup with dark green fluid in it.

"What is this?" Wei Ying asked as he smelled it, "why does it smell like feet?"

"It may smell and taste...not the best, but it is a tonic that will help you make a new core. It helps gather the spiritual energy around you and within you. After taking it, an hour in the spring while meditating for three days, your core will have developed. I will then help you strengthen it as help you build it to the strength or stronger as your old core," Baoshan explained, "now drink it or I will force it down."

Wei Ying pierced his lips into a straight line while looking at her and Lan Zhan. He took a deep breath and took it down in one fluid motion. After he swallowed, he couldn't help but choke and cough at the bitter taste of it.

"Here," Baoshan motioned her hand and had a sugar candy in her hand, "this will help take the bitter taste away."

Wei Ying took it and put the candy in his mouth, "I don't remember developing a golden core being this gross."

Baoshan laughed, "you will be fine, once you get caught up with Lan Wangji again, you two can cultivate into immortality if you want," she said, "so it will only be gross for a second. Now go to the spring and meditate for an hour."

"Now?" Wei Ying asked and looked at Lan Zhan.

"Wangji, can you use teleportation talismans?" Baoshan asked.

"I have only traveled through you, I have not tried it on my own," Lan Zhan answered.

"I will teach you, if you want, you can walk with A'Ying to the spring before you leave," she told him.

Lan Zhan nodded. Baoshan gave him instructions on using the teleportation talisman, and then he left with Wei Ying to the spring.

"Baoshan told you about her red butterflies right? You will write?" Wei Ying asked not wanting to part with him.

"I will, as I hope you will as well. Once I work things out at home, I will be back to you. Baoshan gave me a few talismans to use so I can teleport back," he explained.

Wei Ying nodded. They walked in silence as they held hands over to the spring. Once they arrived, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan shared a passionate and loving kiss with each other. The kiss was longing and neither wanting to part.

Pulling from the kiss Lan Zhan rested his forehead on Wei Ying's, "I love you, A'Ying."

Wei Ying smiled, "I love you too, A'Zhan."

The kissed one last time and then pulled away from each other's arms. Lan Zhan smiled at him and used the talisman to teleport to Cloud Recesses. Wei Ying smiled and felt something wet on his cheek, he reach out and felt it was tears. It hurt to part with him, but he knew he would see him again soon. For now, he will focus on his core, so he got in the spring and meditated as instructed.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Lan Zhan landed at the gate of Cloud Recesses. He wasn't sure what to expect from his uncle as he left with him being berated by Baoshan. His brother, Xichen, has also just gotten out of seclusion and wanted to know how he was doing.