Chapter 27

"A-Niang!" Cangse called entering the cottage.

"Yes, My Dear," Baoshan answered.

"I was out for a walk when I heard something interesting," Cangse said, "the boys are wanting to be more intimate."

"Is that so?" Baoshan said with a smirk, "they are engaged and have passed a bonding test."

"But shouldn't they be wedded first?" Cangse asked, "it's more appropriate that way. Are you sure that they haven't done so yet?"

"Well," Baoshan thought, "with the few of us here, we could set up a small ceremony. That way they can wed, and not worry."

"Do you have red robes? Red decor? A room ready for afterwards?" Cangse asked.

"If we can keep them busy for a day or two, there is another cottage not far from here, just up the river. It is actually closer to the spring and has a view of a waterfall," Baoshan said, "we can set that up as theirs. We can decorate the ancestral hall and gather a couple robes. I'm sure Qiren and Xichen will be fine with everything."

"With what?" Xichen asked entering with his uncle and Wei Changze.

"To wed the two," Baoshan said, "they have holding back intimacy for the sake of not being wed yet, but Cangse said she heard them talking about it on her walk by the spring."

"So you want to hold a wedding ceremony?" Qiren questioned.

"It would be the appropriate thing to do, and they are engaged. They have been bonded already through the bonding test. All that is left is to make them official cultivation partners," Baoshan explained.

"If we have a couple days, we can set up something small," Qiren said as the boys walked into the cottage. They did not miss Wei Wuxian's wet robes.

"Ah, Lan Zhan thought it would be fun to throw me in the spring," Wei Ying teased.

"That does not sound like Wangji at all," Xichen stated.

"I have changed quite a bit," Wangji said, "why are you four looking so serious?"

"I saw you two playing around a little bit by the spring," Cangse told them.

"I told you Lan Zhan," Wei Ying mumbled.

"So, if you two can hold off for a few days, we can set up a small ceremony within three days for you to wed," Baoshan explained.

Lan Zhan sighed internally, "fine," he pouted.

"Lan Zhan can wait a few days, as can I," Wei Ying said, "his wound may have healed to a scar but I still worry it is not healed enough to do anything yet."

"Says the man with a bite mark on his neck," Cangse pointed out.

Wei Ying put his hand over the bite mark, "you know what I meant! Plus I managed to get a hold of him and calm him down. He is a beast, this man," Wei Ying told them.

"As a Lan should be," Wei Changze said humbly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Qiren asked.

"Isn't it true? You Lans have incredible strength and are insatiable lovers. You men have a drive. I remember their father very well. He and his wife could not keep their hands off of each other," Changze said.

"What?" Xichen asked, "we were told father and mother had an unrequited love. Father loved her but she didn't love him."

"That is not true," Changze said, "your father wrote to me the day she killed one of the teachers at Cloud Recesses. He tried to force himself on her so she grabbed the closest thing she could, the teacher's sword. She explained everything in detail to your father, but the elders would not hear them out."

"Even I did not know, and he was my brother," Qiren said, "I am sorry, Wangji, Xichen."

"It is alright," the two said together.

"We know the truth now," Xichen continued to say, "I just wish someone could have helped them."

"If I would have known, I would have stepped in," Qiren said.

"I wanted to get to Gusu, but I was getting ready to marry Cangse at the time," Changze said, "it was hard to know what to do."

"Well, we know the truth now and we can move forward to hope nothing like that happens again," Qiren said, "now back to the wedding business. We can set something up for three days from now."

"Sounds good to me," Baoshan said and looked at the two lovers, "you two can be patient or I will separate you both until the wedding."

Wei Ying clung onto Lan Zhan as Lan Zhan clung onto Wei Ying, "we promise," they said together.

Everyone laughed at the two. They were whipped for each other.

"Can I say something really quick?" Xichen asked.

"What?" Baoshan asked.

"A'Xian, how did you learn to fight like that? I don't think I have ever seen that sword style before?" Xichen asked suddenly.

"Oh, I made it up on my own," He answered, "though I followed Yunmeng's style for a while, I was go off on my own and make my own style that is more suitable for me and Suibian."

"Suibian?" Wei Changze asked.

Wei Ying laughed, "my sword's name is Suibian," he said grabbing his sword and showed his father.

"Seems like something your mother would do," He said with a chuckle.

"We are more alike than I realize," Cangse said, "when I started using a sword, A-Niang encouraged me to make my own sword techniques and movements. Seeing how talented my son is, makes me proud."

"I'm sure the Jiangs would try to take credit. They taught me basics but I learned better on my own. I did not like to follow their routine," Wei Ying said.

"As someone who lives to not follow rules, it makes sense," Lan Zhan said.

"I just do my own thing really," Wei Ying said.

"You fought well," Baoshan told him, "even if it was it short...that sect leader did not expect that from you at all. I didn't either really, but I had never seen you fight until then."

"He kept running his mouth," Wei Ying said, "Lan Zhan didn't use the silence spell so I did the next best thing, fight him."

"I wanted to use it," Lan Zhan protested, "you just stepped in first."

"Can I learn it?" Wei Ying asked.

"We have to be married first," Lan Zhan told him, "I am not sure if I should though, I feel you would abuse it."

"I would not!" Wei Ying argued.

"I have other spells for you to learn if you like," Baoshan said, "you don't need to get married first to learn them. Just use them wisely and properly."

"Where!?" Wei Ying asked happily.

Baoshan laughed and pulled him to her library, "the first six bookshelves here are all spells you can learn if you like," she told him.

Lan Zhan was with him, "may I?" He asked.

"Of course," Baoshan said, "be sure to keep my grandson in line."

Lan Zhan nodded and smiled at her as she left. Wei Ying already sat at a deck was a couple books in front of him and one open in his hand. He was curious to know what he can learn.

///////////
Mature content is coming I promise, just doing it according to their customs and beliefs. The wedding is coming as well, so, you should know what comes after that. 😉