Chapter 24

"Wei Wuxian! Who do you think you are talking to a sect leader like that!" Sect leader Yao yelled.

"Oh, want to fight me? I dare you to try with Lan Zhan and Baoshan Sanren on my corner," Wei Ying said folding his arms across his chest.

"Why you little-" Sect Leader Yao was interrupted when Bichen was inches from his throat.

"Continue, I dare you!" Lan Zhan scolded.

Wei Ying stood up and grabbed Suibian, "sect leader Yao, I have had enough of you specifically. You always run your mouth and only do as majority does. If you have it in you, stop running your damn mouth and let's fight for real. If you think you can fight me, that is," Wei Ying said.

Sect Leader Yao pulled a smug look, "fine, but don't go crying to mommy when your pride breaks more," he said as Bichen went back into its sheathe.

With a snap of her fingers, Baoshan took everyone to her training grounds, "the fight goes until one is unable or concedes. If you lose, you lose, don't go complaining because one thinks the other cheated or something," she said.

Sect Leader Yao was ten paces from Wei Ying. Lan Zhan knew that Wei Ying was going to use the perfected sword style he created, he knew sect leader Yao was going to be the one crying for losing his pride.

"Sect Leader Yao, for the sake of things, I'll give you three free moves, I'll only block, not fight back for three moves," Wei Ying bargained, "you might fight longer if I let you have those three."

Baoshan loved her Grandson's antics and how he can play with the mind of his opponent, "fine!" Sect leader Yao said.

Yao lunged forward aiming his sword straight to Wei Wuxian. Just as he was inches away, Wei Ying moved to the right with a twirl with Suibian still in his sheathe. With a jump, Yao pulls his sword over his head and slashed straight down when he reached Wei Ying. Wei Ying waited until the blade was basically at his head and flashed back with a quick move.

Wei Ying said he had his core back, but they never said how strong it was now. He only had it for a little while, and it was evident that Wei Ying was back to his normal fighting strength. With out a core or at a low level, he would not be able to block this well.

With one more lung forward, Yao slashed his sword to the right and Wei Ying dodged it with ease. He smiled at sect leader Yao as he unsheathed Suibian. Suibian hummed and radiated with joy as he knew he was being used again. He was going to honor his master Wei Wuxian.

With out even blinking, Sect leader Yao was pinned to the ground and a stab wound through his right hand, "oops, looks like you have to fight left handed," Wei Ying said sitting on top of Yao as if he was a throne.

"I concede!" Yao groaned, "now get off."

Wei Ying hopped off, "you better think twice before running your mouth," he said and turned to the others, "anyone else want to push me?"

The others shook their heads not wanting to deal with Wei Ying fighting against them.

"I do," Jiang Wanyin said, "if I win, you will accept my apology and let me be your brother again. If I lose, you can decided that."

"If you lose, I will have no affiliation with you or your family ever again...Shijie is exempt from that as she is the only one who treats me fairly in your family," Wei Ying said.

"Fine," Jiang Cheng said, "I don't need free moves either!"

"I wasn't planning on it, now let us see how my old core is treating you," Wei Ying said.

He unsheathed Suibian again as Jiang Cheng took out Sandu. He had his battle ready face on, and he was not going easy on Wuxian. He humiliated him and his family today.

Jiang Cheng lashed forward and slashed his sword three times only to be quickly blocked by Suibian. Wei Ying danced around him with his personal sword style and slashed at Jiang Cheng. With Sandu's sheathe, he blocked. He had never seen this fighting style Wuxian was using before and it made him anxious. Wei Ying was quick on his feet and his sword was just as quick. Jiang Cheng always had issues when it came to speed in a fight, so Wuxian used that to his advantage.

As Lan Zhan watched, he saw Madam Yu enter with her sword unsheathed. He jumped quick into action and blocked her from getting to Wei Ying. Madam Yu saw that Jiang Cheng was losing and thought she could step in, but oh she was wrong. Wangji was close to cutting her arm off. Because she saw him at the corner of her eye, she dodged just in time.

"You are going against the rules of a one on one fight Yu Ziyuan!" Lan Zhan told her angrily, "if you don't want to fight me, go back to your spot! I am not easy to fight either!"

Madam Yu grumbled and went back to her husband. She was scolded by a good amount of people who said she had no right to interfere as it was Jiang Cheng's choice to fight.

Lan Zhan stepped back and went back to his spot. A sudden sharp pain was felt in his lower abdomen.

"A-Die!" Sizhui and Jingy yelled causing Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying to stop.

Wei Ying ran to Lan Zhan and helped him to his lap, "Lan Zhan, Keep your eyes open," Wei Ying begged.

Baoshan rushed over and started to treat his wound. Because of the bond, Wei Ying felt pain in his lower abdomen and leaned to his left to spit out blood.

"A'Ying!" Wen Qing said moving to his side.

"It's the bond, since Wangji is hurt, he can feel it too. If Wangji dies, he dies. If Wei Ying dies, Wangji dies," Baoshan explained.

Everyone turned to the culprit who stabbed Wangji, it was Jin Ling. Wei Ying stood up and walked to him taking his sword and threw it across the field, "I thought you grew up since you stabbed me! It turns out, you learn nothing, just like your uncle Jiang and your father!" Wei Ying said and went back to Lan Zhan.

Lan Xichen helped carry his brother inside to lay him down on a bed. The others waited outside. Aside from Xichen, Baoshan, Wen Qing, Lan Qiren, and Wei Ying were inside. After Lan Zhan was laid down Wei Ying sat by his side, placing his hand on his forehead and ran his finger down his cheek to wipe the tears away.

"Wei Ying?" Lan Zhan asked.

"I'm here," Wei Ying said, "I am not going anywhere," Wei Ying turned to Baoshan, "they won't get a clue, they should be sent home. I won't affiliate with the sects anyway. Cloud Recesses if probably to only exception."

"Wei Wuxian, I am sorry for all the mistreatment you have gotten from me. If you are able, will you give me a chance to prove myself to you so you trust me?" Lan Qiren asked.

"Honestly, I'd take your scolding and thrown scrolls any day over those outside," Wei Ying said, "I am sure you had your reasons, though it was unacceptable, I understand. I trust you and your clan most right now. If Lan Zhan wasn't part of the Lan Clan, I would probably be saying something different. Despite the punishments, I felt more at home there then Lotus Pier."

Wei Ying was surprised to admit those things, but he felt it to be true. The rules and punishments are a bit much in Gusu, but he would prefer Cloud Recesses because of there respect. Because of past mistakes, they have learned from it and are working to make sure that never happens again. Wei Ying was happy with them, and felt more comfortable with them. He never knew that would be something for him to realize one day.