Chapter 20

"Since when were Wei Wuxian and Hanguang Jun this close? Weren't they like fire and water? I thought Hanguang Jun hated Wuxian?" Jin Zixuan asked quietly.

"Isn't it obvious," Jiang Cheng said, "they are lovers. Look at the way those two were just now."

"If Lan Wangji hated Wei Wuxian, how can he tolerate him now?" A disciple asked.

"You were not around back then," Xichen said, "the two may have seemed to be not friends but they just didn't know each other then. My brother loves Wei Wuxian dearly. As you can tell."

"I appreciate the support, Xiongzhang," Wangji said, "but to everyone here, my relationship with him has nothing to do with you. If you want to try and ruin it then you can just shut your mouths now. I will not tolerate anyone being hurtful to Wei Ying. Verbally or physically!"

"Second Master Lan," Yu Ziyuan said, "are you sure you know what you are getting into?"

"Are you sure you want to keep talking?" Wangji asked, "I see you no longer have Zidian."

"You!" Madam Yu was boiling with anger.

"Yu Ziyuan!" Baoshan interjecte, "I heard a lot about you and how you treated my grandson. Even after all the things he has done for your family you still have the nerve to try to talk him down."

"Grandmother? That boy has no living relatives," Madam Yu spat.

"He does now!" Cangse said, "how dare you use Zidian on my son!"

"After all these years I called Lotus Pier home, I am ashamed to have ever been apart of it if this is how my son was treated," Wei Changze said.

"I had no idea of the Zidian being used," Jiang Fengmian said in protest.

"But you knew he was being bullied by your wife!" Changze yelled.

"I know Wei Ying has taken a sedative to help him stay asleep but please lower your voices anyway," Lan Zhan demanded.

"Wangji, are you okay?" Xichen asked.

"I am fine, but I worry about Wei Ying," Lan Zhan answered.

"I brought you all here because I wanted you to see just how badly you hurt my grandson despite him giving all you cultivators everything. You robbed him of his happiness and his family. You took things from him and never once said a simple thank you or I am sorry. And to you, the boy who has my grandson's original core, did you ever thank him for it? The pain he went through just to give it to you to run your pathetic clan! Also to cause his plummet into his death. He was already falling from the cliff, you stabbed that cliff side knowing that if it broke you would have killed Wangji as well.

"Speaking of golden core, he just got a new core. If you do something to somehow lose the one my grandson has given you, I will make sure he does not give you another so you can suffer without one! Your parents must be proud knowing he kept his promise. Protect their kids with his life. He lost his life protecting you! He always felt like a shield to you people. He never once felt like he was part of the family. His shijie was the only one who treated him as family. And the Wen's he saved, they were like his family. He saved them and fed them with what he could. He would give up his food secretly just so the only child in the Wens could properly eat. He didn't care one bit about his health.

"He lost his parents as a young boy, he lived on the streets for a few years and was taken in to live at Lotus Pier, which was supposed to be his new home. Once he met madam Yu, he never felt welcome once. He just felt like it was a residence. He had in mind if he doesn't live up to want you people wanted he was get kicked out on the streets again.

"Then he goes to Cloud Recesses. He and Wangji did not get along at first but they were trying. What really made things interesting was when I found out even when asking simple questions, even if they were unorthodox and bizarre, he was berated and scrolls were throne at him. He was punished for being curious. But it was also because he was Cangse's son...."

Baoshan was really laying it all out to them. They had no idea what was all going to be said but it was only going to get worse as she continued...

"He and Wangji traveled to find yin iron to keep from getting in the wrong hands. Later Cloud Recesses was attacked and the indoctrination happened. For protecting Wangji, he got locked in a dungeon with a large wolf. He was saved later by Wen Ning and was given medicine. He did not take it and kept it for Wangji to have later. How selfless, he was injured but thought of his loved one first. He got trapped in a cave with Wangji and the two made some progress with their relationship.

"When Wei Ying returned, it wasn't long before the Wens came to punish him for humiliating Wen Chao. Taking the bait, Madam Yu struck him with the Zidian several times. There was the massacre of Lotus Pier. He was blamed for it, he blamed himself. It was never his fault to begin with. The Wen's were just power hungry and needed an excuse to raid Lotus Pier.

"In the end, noble Jiang Cheng here lost his golden core. Wei Ying begged Wen Qing to do the core transfer. She eventually did. He was awake the whole time with no Anesthesia. He was awake for two nights and a day with only a fifty percent change guarantee. Because she didn't know of it then, she could have used anesthesia, and he could have been pain free, but since she did not know, Wei Ying almost died giving up his core.

"Then, he was thrown into the burial mounds by Wen Chao. He was their for three months. He had to learn to use resentful energy to get out. He ate rotting corpses as there was no food there. He made the amulet and his flute Chenqing. He helped you all win a war and then you turned the table on him and wanted his power. You had no idea the amount of pain he was in every time he used resentful energy. It was like a sword was constantly pierced through you. He lost everything, and he gave up. All because of the greed of the clans and sects.

"He was given a second chance and when he was found to be Wei Ying, you immediately wanted him dead. Wangji did not let that happen. He made sure that the truth about what happened was found. When it finally came to light, he was told that he was Wangji's biggest mistake. He was hurt by those words. He didn't say so and he dared not to. You are the love of his life's older brother. You were entitled to your opinion. It was an opinion that he agreed with. He parted ways with Wangji for many reasons, but secretly, that saying was the reason why he had to part ways. He didn't want to be a bother to your brother any longer. Are you all satisfied for the pain you caused him? The sacrifices he gave, only for you all to shit all over them!"

Baoshan was fuming. Lan Zhan was in tears now that he knew the truth. The truth that Wei Ying feels like he is unworthy of him. He held Wei Ying as close as possible and sobbed. He was so hurt for his love, and he wanted to take him away from everyone. Lan Zhan put his face in the crook of his lover's neck and just continued to cry and hold him close as he rocked side to side gently.

Not a single person knew how to speak at the moment. They were absorbing the scene in front of them and taking in all the information that was told to them. They really did just break a man's spirit to the point where they wondered if he will ever be his happy and loving self again.