Chapter 23

Wei Ying decided to go back and try to face the crowd again. Lan Zhan was not leaving his side and will strike anyone down if he must. The two flashed in with Wei Ying snuggled close to Lan Zhan.

"Hey boys," Baoshan greeted them calmly, "decided to try to join us again?"

The two nodded and was lead the sea they sat before. Wei Ying at first sat beside Lan Zhan but Lan Zhan protested and pulled him onto his lap. Wei Ying wasn't going to reject or move. Yanli smiled as she watched her Didi cuddle into the man he loves.

"Wei Wuxian?" Lan Xichen said sitting beside them, "can I have a word?"

Wei Ying sat up and nodded.

"I want to apologize for my words to you back at the temple. I am not sure if it is the right time to apologize but I am still going to. What I said was wrong and had no right to judge the situation without knowing the full situation. I am sorry, and I want you to know that you are more that perfect for Wangji. You deserve him and he deserves you," Lan Xichen said with utmost sincerity.

Wei Ying smiled at him, "thank you, and I forgive you," he said as Xichen pulled him into a hug.

Everyone turned their attention to the screen, they witnessed Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian fight the Tortoise of Slaughter. They saw the reaction Wei Wuxian experienced when he touched the yin sword. They didn't know that his experience with resentful energy would be that noisy. The screen skipped forward the time when the massacre happened:

A few boys were seen rushing into the training fields of Lotus Pier, shouting with urgency, "Something's happened! Shixiong, Shixiong, something's happened!!!"

These were the shidi who had gone to fetch the kites. Wei WuXian jumped up, "What's wrong?"

Jiang Cheng, "Where's the youngest one? Why is there one missing?"

One of the boys panted, "Our shidi was taken away!"

"Taken away?!" Wei WuXian picked up his bow as well. Weapon in hand, he asked, "Who took him? Why was he taken away?!"

The boy answered, "We don't know! We don't know why they took him!"

Jiang Cheng was anxious as well, "What do you mean you don't know?"

Wei WuXian, "Nobody worry. Tell us clearly."

The boy, "When, when we were getting the kites, the kite went over there, really far away. When we went over, we saw a few dozen people, all from the Wen Sect, wearing their uniform. There were disciples and servants. The one leading them was a young woman. She's holding a kite in her hand and there was an arrow on the kite. She asked us whose kite it was when she saw us."

Another boy continued, "The kite was our youngest shidi's, so he said that it was his. Then the woman suddenly got angry and shouted 'how dare you", and then she told her people to take him away!"

Wei WuXian, "Just like that?"

The boys nodded, "We asked her why they were taking him away, and the woman kept on saying that he committed treason and had hidden motives, and she ordered her people to detain him. We couldn't do anything about it so we ran back."

Jiang Cheng cursed, "They don't even have a reason for taking him away! Just what does the Wen Sect want to do?!"

"Yeah! There's just no reason!"

Wei WuXian, "Nobody talk. The Wen Sect's people could be knocking at our doors every second from now. Don't let them hear anything we say that could be used to hold against us. Let me ask you, the woman, was she not wearing a sword? Does she look kind of pretty, with a mole above her lips?"