Chapter 7

Photos and art are not mine, credit to owners.

I should make a clarification. When it says bond test/ Dream. The two are asleep and the Dream is the test. So Baoshan has a way to make the Dream seem very real. The two are actually still asleep, but they are dreaming this test. The test will determine if they are compatible lovers or not.... ;)  there is more to it as well but that would be spoiling it if I said something about it now. Read on and see.

~*Bond Test/Dream*~

The two actually slept through the night and remained safe. Despite not knowing what place they were in, and what creatures they will encounter, they were determined to make it through it together. By morning, they both felt refreshed and went on their way, heading northwest. They don't know what the compass was pointing to, but it was enough to go on.

"Lan Zhan, last night I thought of something interesting," Wei Ying said.

"What?"

"Since we got here, not only have I been injured but this place played on my fear. A glance at that demonic bear looked similar to what my parents fought the night they died. Then the wolves came which played a fear of mine. I am guessing your fear is to see me hurt or having something bad happen to me. Since we woke in that forest that is all that I have noticed, playing on our fears," Wei Ying explained his theory.

Lan Zhan thought his words through carefully. His fear is losing Wei Ying again. He hurt a lot back when he died in Nightless City. He still has so much regret from back then, and the scars on his back will always be a reminder of his regrets. He could not stand beside Wei Ying like he wanted to. He believed in him, but trust was something different. Trust is developed based on a party's knowledge about another. Believing is a value of acceptance to the facts or circumstances. He did not want to lose Wei Ying back then, and he doesn't want to lose Wei Ying now that he is beside him again.

"After you died and came back, my biggest fear was losing you again. It still is to this day. If something were to happen and you disappeared again, I don't know if my heart can handle it again," Lan Zhan admitted as they stopped walking.

He was crying, and had no idea he was. He has not shown this emotion in a long time. His brother was the last person to see him cry. Now, he is with Wei Ying, who is witnessing his tears fall against his will, and he did not know how to stop them.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Ying said pulling him into a hug, "I will not leave you again. You have my word. I will always come to you and my heart belongs to you. I know how heart you were back then. I may have not realized it right away due to my ignorance but I know that losing me is something you fear most."

"I love you, Wei Ying," He told him.

Wei Ying carefully pulled for the hug a little to look his man in the eyes. His golden eyes ignited a fire in his heart. A fire that can never be quenched.

"I love you too, Lan Zhan."

~*Mildly Mature Content*~

Lan Zhan leaned in and kissed Wei Ying. Wei Ying reached up and pulled Lan Zhan closer to him. Lan Zhan kissed him gently, carefully, but it wasn't gentleness Wei Ying wanted, not now, not after all this time, and he knotted his fists in Lan Zhan's robes, pulling him harder against him. He groaned softly, low in his throat, and then his arms circled Wei Ying, gathering him against his body. In the middle of all the kissing, they collapsed to the ground rolling over on the grass, tangled together, still kissing.

Still on top of Wei Ying, Lan Zhan pulled from the kiss. Wei Ying was trapped between him and the green grass below him. Wei Ying could have tried to move but he was struck by the proximity of everything Lan Zhan was. Wei Ying's senses subdued by this staggering rush of adrenaline, fluttering from head to toe. There was no time for more thoughts as Wei Ying launched himself at Lan Zhan's lips for more.