Chapter 2: Team Rocket

Aoi is seen walking on the road to the next town, and by doing so, encounters a problem.

"HUH!?! What do you mean the bridge broke!" Aoi was stunned as an officer, Officer Jenny, shrugged,

"The bridge broke not too long ago, young boy. If you wish to Viridian City you'd have to take a long way." Officer Jenny explains as she takes note of the Eevee,

"You know, there have been reports of Pokemon Thieves all around this area, and they've been sighted in the Viridian City Pokemon Center not too long ago, it would be best if you keep your Pokemon in their Pokeballs." Officer Jenny advises, but Eevee turns his head in disobedience.

"Eh... He's a little... Independent. I promise you we are in good hands!" Aoi awkwardly chuckles as Gold nods, puffing its chest feathers in an attempt to intimidate the officer.

"Well, just know that due to the recent destruction of the Viridian Pokemon Center, you'll have to use natural medicines if you wish to rest your Pokemon from any illnesses. The Viridian Forest has a bunch of herbs and potential items dropped by other trainers, just an FYI." Officer Jenny says her last piece of advice as Aoi nods, walking along with Eevee and Gold.

As Aoi thinks, Eevee and Gold play with one another as the young trainer looks up at the clear blue sky, thinking in preparation IF a band of thieves come and try to take his Pokemon.

"I'm sure Eevee is strong... But Gold... He can be tough at times... I need to train harder with any trainers I could find before the first gym takes place! Yeah! That'll be the best test of my partner Pokemon's strength!" Aoi happily celebrates in his head, as he turns to find the entrance of Viridian City.

"Hey! Look at this, you two!" Aoi says as Eevee and Gold look in astonishment, as the three walk in and soon are in a restaurant, snacking and relaxing as Aoi drinks a bottle of water.

"Okay... So Pokemon Thieves, eh? Ah, they can't be that bad! I have you two to help fight if there needs to be a time!" Aoi happily says as Eevee and Gold say their languages in agreement.

"Eve!"

"Pid!"

They both say as Aoi raises his hand, alerting the employees,

"Oh! Can I have a bag of Pokemon food to go?" Aoi says, as soon, as the three were out of there as the young trainer looks in his big bag, prone to fitting a lot of things including medicine, food, etc.

"Perfect. With these preparations completed, we're all set to enter that forest!" Aoi smiles, and as continuing on, many people talk, especially about this supposed explosion of the Pokemon Center.

"..." Aoi keeps quiet as he moves along. However, Eevee seemed... A bit on edge about being here.

"Hm? What's wrong, Eevee?" Aoi wondered as the Eevee purrs a bit in worry.

"Ah, don't worry, little guy. You got Gold and I to protect you if the time calls it. We'll head off into the Viridian Forest soon, though." Aoi promises as Eevee seemed to have calmed down, being held in Aoi's arms, the three gain a lot of stares... Odd ones, curious ones, and scheming ones.

Aoi didn't like this at all.

Continuing on, the young trainer finally exits the city, after a few minutes of searching.

The trail was far, but on the long road is a forest, the Viridian Forest.

"Evouri!" Eevee wiggles and hops down to the ground, as Aoi smiles,

"Finally done being paranoid?" Aoi wonders as the Eevee nods in agreement.

"Pidg." Gold agreed as the three take a while to get to this forest.