Chapter 24: Primeape Goes Bananas!

Back at Professor Oak's lab, where a large habitat in the forest has been renovated and used as a simple place for the Pokemon to frolic, Aoi's Beedrill is seen having its stingers cleaned by personal servants, being funded with money Aoi gets from trainer battles (Using Pokemon game logic), she lives a life she always wanted. Although at times she trains with various other Pokemon, especially the ones in the area marked, "Gary Oak", Professor Oak's grandson. He had TONS of well-trained Pokemon, and strong ones at that.

...

...

...

"Hey, Professor! Good morning!" The two trainers greet the old man, as Beedrill recognized the voice, buzzing to Oak's side,

"Ah! Hey Beedrill! Liking your well-paid retirement?" Aoi wondered as Beedrill nodded in delight,

"That's good," Aoi says as Oak clears his throat,

"Good morning you two, I was just wondering when you two might call, do you have some good news?" Oak wondered, as the two trainers looked back at one another, then nodded,

"Look at this!" Ash says as Aoi takes out a display case, holding the four badges Aoi earned as Ash did so too.

"Pressive impressive, huh? I already earned four badges!" Ash says as Aoi remarks,

"If you counted three of them as earned that will still be an understatement," Aoi says as Ash sighs,

"Come on... You had to ruin the mood...?" Ash was downed by this, as Aoi was cut down a peg too, as Oak puts down his drink, before saying in a very unimpressed voice,

"You two only earned four badges?" Oak says, as the two weren't sure what he meant, Oak then says all the other trainers, including Gary, earned five badges as of LATE. Even worst, they passed Celadon City too, home to the Rainbow Badge from the Grass Type Gym Leader. Aoi didn't find this unappealing, but Ash hearing Gary's name fired him up in anger, annoyance, and determination. But even more of a low blow, Oak explained how Aoi and Ash haven't sent more Pokemon, meaning they haven't caught any Pokemon as of late, then made salt in the wound move by explaining how Gary caught 30 different types of Pokemon, which Aoi caught Pidgeotto, Charmeleon, Scyther, Gastly (Aoi's Gastly didn't want to evolve), Beedrill, Eeveon, and Poliwrath. This makes it so Aoi caught 14 different types of Pokemon, making it less than half of what Gary caught. Although Aoi's team consists of Gold, Eeveon, Scyther, Charmeleon, Gastly, and Poliwrath.

For Ash, he got Pikachu, Butterfree (Released into the wild like Samurai's Butterfree), Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, Haunter, and Krabby. This makes it so Ash caught 9 different types of Pokemon, significantly lower than the other trainers. (Charmander is Aoi's Pokemon, due to Aoi's intervention AND it sees more strength in Aoi than Ash. As it was stated due to the fewer amount of badges EARNED that a trainer holds, stronger Pokemon tend to not listen to them. Ash's team consists of Pikachu, Pidgeotto, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Haunter, and an open spot for... Another Pokemon, Krabby seemed happy to stay with Oak.

Soon, the two are walking to the group, as Samurai is at it, training his Pinsir and Raticate, as Sandshrew watches from the sidelines.

"Hey, Samurai. How's everyone treating you?" Aoi wondered as Samurai looked back, smiling,

"Brock taught me a lot of recipes, especially ones for these nice delicious jelly-filled donuts! You have to try it sometime, the Pokemon seemed to like it." Samurai explained as Aoi smiles,

"Guess sometimes you need some sweets in your life," Aoi says as the two sit down, eating a bit as Samurai handed the boy a donut, and as they eat their food, and soon, Aoi explained the group's next location to Celadon City, where the gym is and where Scyther, or Charmeleon. Aoi then noticed...