Chapter 39: The March of the Exeggutor Squad!

Takes place in episode 40.

The carnival arrived at another town, bringing the group closer and closer to the next Pokemon Gym.

It didn't take long for Aoi to split, Misty doing the same as Ash and Brock wearing bright and funky outfits, dancing with the others as Aoi says,

"Look at this one! La Pokecon! One of the oldest dated artworks of the very first Pokemon Competition!" Aoi says, as in it, a woman with a red rose dress and their hair in a black bun wears a mascarade mask and a red fan, stands side by side with her Butterfree and Ivysaur, two this woman used.

"Man... If only I can meet her... But she's most likely dead." Aoi speaks the truth, as Gold is then seen with a shiny set of feathers,

"Perfect!" Aoi says, as he gets his face painted with his first Pokemon, a Pidgeot, the two laugh and walked around the area, relaxing finally after so much adventure.

"I wonder what we can do-!"

"H-Hey! Hey, you...!" Says a man's voice, as Gold and Aoi turn to see,

"Huh? Misty?" Aoi walks to the begging man,

"You're just perfect! Can you please help me with my show? I am begging you...!" He begged as Aoi noticed a sigh from Misty,

"Well... Okay. But just for today." She explained as the two didn't seem to notice a small 10-year-old boy with his large over 7th Pidgeot.

"... I am not going to see what they're up to. Why not we go battle some Pokemon Trainers, Gold?" Aoi wondered as Gold nodded, and soon, a crowd gathered as he and his Pokemon made work of many trainers, defeating them with exceptional ease.

"Alright, Gold! Aerial Ace!" Aoi says as Gold rushes and slashes with its wing,

"Ah! Raticate!" A trainer says, as Gold lands next to him,

"Hehe, good work, Gold!" He congratulates him.

But something else catches his eye.

"...?" Aoi noticed a boy... Red outfit majority.

"..." He was silent, walking forward,

"..." He continues staying that way,

"... Are you here to battle Gold?" Aoi wondered, on guard, and feeling a strong presence radiating.

He nods.

He grabs a Pokeball, and as it opens, a...

"Huh? HOLD ON-!" Aoi is horrified, as a Charizard comes out, surprising everyone as the Pokemon breathes fire.

"Another Charizard..." Aoi says, as he looked at Gold, who knows something is off.

This Charizard...

It is confident. Not like Aoi's Charizard, but he is confident in his stance and seemingly, his own strength.

"BATTLE, BEGIN!" Says a man, as Aoi commands,

"Gold, Quick Attack!" He says, as Gold charges and pushes the Charizard back, as it barely digs its feet into the dirt and manages to stay still.

"!" Aoi's eyes widened, as this Pokemon was... Tough.

"... Flamethrower." The boy says, as Gold flaps around, dodging the tunnels of fire,

"GOLD! HURRICANE!" Aoi says, as when another tunnel of fire was about to hit, Gold flaps its wings are a strong gust of wind blasts the Flamethrower,

"Now, Take Down!" Aoi says, as Gold rushes in, hitting the Charizard, as he feels it.