𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 26

The streamers were hung, balloons were blown, and music was played. It's two hours into the party and Mary is having the time of her life. Her worries were not completely consumed by the limited time she was terrified that she wouldn't get. Of course, things haven't happened yet but at least there's a definite confirmation. More than she's gotten in the past.

JJ sat on his bed staring at his phone. He's called Kiara three times, none of which she seemed to answer for. So he left her a message instead. He doesn't want to bother her as far as he did. Desperation is not his favorite trait to subconsciously have. Especially with her.

John B knocked on the door. Him and Pope take a small peak inside.

"Y'know the party is out here right?" John B reminded.

"Yeah I know, I was just..making a call."

"To who?"

Pope gave knowing eyes, "Who else?"

As expected, John B was just as taken back as Pope was hearing the news about the blonde and his new found friend. He didn't get into much detail since time was slim on decorating but it was still unexpected nonetheless.

"So what? You're like hanging out with Rafe and his goons too?" John B queried stepping farther inside.

JJ shook his head knowing where this is going to lead them, "Okay, let's not get crazy here."

"Oh cause hanging with the literal enemy wasn't crazy enough." Pope intervened.

He stood up, "What do you want me to say? It just happened, alright. She's-"

"She's what- different? Not like the others? Whatever bullshit excuse you're gonna use, don't." John B said.

"Why are you guys acting like I wanted it to happen? Me and Kie-"

"Oh so it's Kie now, see JB we officially lost him." said Pope.

"Will you let me finish?"

The brunette leaned against the dresser motioning his hands for him to proceed. JJ grew annoyed and tired.

"Know what nevermind. I know you're mad but she didn't do anything."

"And have you ever thought maybe that's the problem?" John B commented.

All the fist fights they've had, what was she supposed to do? Get knocked out by one of them?

"Listen, I know she's a kook, trust me. But she's actually decent."

Pope furrowed his brows, "How can we trust you if you all did was lie to us?"

"He's right, you never told us you had a job, and never even considered telling us about Carrera."

JJ didn't say much after that. He wished they were overreacting but they're right. He used to tell them everything. From the minor situations to the major circumstances. He doesn't know or have any inch of an idea why Kiara is a secret. Why his job is a secret.

"We're not pissed at you for befriending the other side" John B told him.

Pope let out a muffled cough expressing disagreement.