Teen Witch*

November 2, 1995 : Lennon's 1st Birthday

"I still don't understand why you didn't want to throw her a huge party, it's her 1st birthday." Oliver argued as he helped set up the birthday banner.

"Exactly, Ollie. Lennon is turning one, she isn't going to remember any of this so I thought it was best to just invite you and the West family for her small party."

"What about that old guy you always hang out with? You know the one that does magic tricks or whatever" Oliver asked, earning a flick on the forehead from his best friend. "Ow."

"You mean Kent Nelson?" Andrés asked, handing Oliver another roll of lilac streamer while he went over and grabbed the balloons. "He couldn't make it but he did send Lennon some gifts." he said, pointing over to the small stack over by the table. "Loves her like a granddaughter, you know."

Oliver let out a scoff before making his way over to the dessert table and placing the candy and pastries he had picked up earlier that morning. "He's the reason I hardly get to see my own goddaughter."

Andrés barked out a loud laugh that echoed through the room and shook his head. "Ollie, the reason you hardly see your own goddaughter is because you live in Star City and you own a huge company you have to work at, so don't blame this on Kent, besides why are you jealous? You know my baby is obsessed with you."

"Just because I'm stuck at boring company meetings, does not mean I don't think about my little girl all the time." Oliver scowled. "You don't think I'd rather be hanging out with you guys than be at work."

Andrés looked at his friend and knew he had made the right choice at picking him out as Lennon's godfather. The blonde loved her as if she were his own, even cried when he held her for the first time. "Well I'm glad to know I'm not really a single father then." He joked.

"I mean we have been mistaken for a gay couple multiple times already." Oliver said, sighing at the fact that he wasn't able to use Lennon to get women's numbers.

"Yes , a fact I'd rather not bring up." Andrés joked.

"It's weird isn't it? How a year with her has gone by already.."

"Yes it is. Feels like it was just yesterday when I first brought her home. Now she's eager to walk on her, babbling sentences and calling me papá. It's all so unreal." Time was passing by too fast. "Soon she'll be 15 years old and won't need me anymore." Andrés wiped a small tear from his face letting out a chuckle, his heart thinking about those things.

"Andy you alright?" Oliver asked.

"Look at me being overemotional. She just turned 1 today and I'm already imagining her entire life."

Oliver patted Andrés on the back. "Hey, you're her dad. It's normal to think about her growing up but it'll be worth it, right?"

Watching her grow up.. If only..