per aspera ad astra*

(resignation and heartache)

Lennon always managed to surprise those around her

Lennon always managed to surprise those around her. Whether it was her parents, her friends, Wally or even the League. So when everyone truly believed that they had lost another one of their own they were in for a surprise when the girl had come back to life mere hours after her death. It was even more of a surprise when she managed to slip out of the WatchTower unnoticed and zeta to the cave without any of the League members catching her. Since then Batman upped the security on both locations.

Oliver and Dinah had taken time off from their respective jobs and from the League in order to tend to their daughter. Roy had continued to push back his search for the real Speedy to the surprise of everyone considering he was becoming quite obsessive. Then there was the team, there wasn't a day where the original members and Mark weren't in Lennon's room to keep her company, even when the girl was sleeping they would quietly stay in her room and have a telepathic conversation amongst themselves in order let her rest or they would go downstairs and keep Oliver and Dinah company.

Now on a rare evening where she was allowed to leave the house, Lennon alongside her parents and the original members of the Team plus Mark found themselves at the Watchtower. Batman had summoned the girl and her family to discuss certain matters and the only reason the Team was invited was because the brunette insisted they be at the meeting, surprisingly the Dark Knight didn't argue the request. While Dinah and Oliver were with the rest of the League members having a private discussion before calling in the brunette, the teens were outside trying to figure out what was going on.

They sure are taking a long time. M'gann nervously pointed out as she stood next to her boyfriend, the Kyrptonian staring at the door with his arms crossed, a small scowl on his face. Conner, can you see anything?

The raven-haired boy shook his head in frustration, they had been waiting outside for almost two hours. No, and I've been trying for the past 30 minutes. He said, squinting harder at the door.

Yeah I'd stop trying if I were you. Nightwing said, the boy leaning on the wall with his hands behind his head. Pretty sure Batman covered the door to the meeting room with lead.

You couldn't have told me that earlier?

You didn't ask.

Ugh, can you two not start arguing. Artemis snapped, the blonde rubbing her temples in annoyance. We still need to figure out what the hell is going on. I mean calling in Lennon for a meeting even though she's still recovering.

Come on, sweets. Mark said, putting his arm around her shoulder before she shrugged it off. Maybe we're just all assuming the worst. I mean what are they gonna do, kick her off the Team?, he laughed. Noticing that the rest of his friends were making a face, some even turning away, Mark's smile immediately disappeared. Whoa, whoa, whoa, you guys don't actually think the League will kick her off the team, right? I mean, none of this was her fault. The dark haired boy argued.