Prologue*

Andrés Castellanos calmly drove down the empty road miles away from Central City

Andrés Castellanos calmly drove down the empty road miles away from Central City. The night sky continued to flicker in and out of his car, the cold night air hitting him as he stepped on the gas. In the back seat was his 18 month old daughter, Lennon, sound asleep in her car seat, unaware of the danger they were currently in. Wrapped warmly in her blanket, grasping onto her plush dog as the sandman blessed her with a wonderful dream. Andrés couldn't help but shed a few tears as he watched his daughter through the rearview mirror knowing the danger they were in all because of the choices he had made. She'll be okay, he thought, you're making the right choice.. Suddenly a sharp pain hit his head causing him to lose control of the car, swerving off the edge of the road and crashing into the trees.

Andrés woke up in a panic after losing consciousness for a moment. Blood trickled down his head and pain ran through his entire body, he thought he had more time before she found them. He could feel her. Her dark presence that was no other made his skin crawl and his heart drop. Turning around with a grunt he sighed in relief when he saw that his daughter was safe, unharmed and still asleep, saved by the energy bubble he had made appear mere seconds before the crash. Trying his best to reach over, the young father was just a fingertip away from reaching her before he was thrown out of the car, hissing when his aching body hit the floor. Slowly looking up, Andrés cursed under his breath when he locked eyes with Adrienne, a powerful, manipulative witch who loved nothing more than power and wanted nothing more than for the world to burn. She was also unfortunately the former love of his life and mother of his child. "Andrés, Andrés, Andrés." Adrienne tisked as she made her way toward her former lover and harshly grabbed him by the cheeks. "Te dije amor, no matter what you did I was going to find you. We could have done this the easy way but you decided to be stupid." She said, running her hands down his hair. "Now give me the girl." she demanded.

"Fuck you." He coughed out, tasting the blood in his mouth.

Leaning in as she was going to kiss, Adrienne slapped him and then threw him on the floor, gripping him by the throat. Her grip on his grew heavier as she leaned forward again, she was not a patient woman. "We both know she's better off with me, beloved." she sneered. "Soy su mamá and a child should always be with their mother. "

"Why?" he gasped out. "So she can end up an evil bitch like you?" He snarked. "I won't let you do that to her."

"I allowed you to play house for a year and a half Andrés. Let you live out this silly little dream of being a "normal" father. Allowed you to believe that you had won this tiny squabble between us. That should have been enough time for you." she hissed. "You've had your fun now it's time to hand her over" Her loud voice echoed within the darkness.

"I won't stop fighting for her" He yelled, finally having the strength to send her flying with an energy blast. "We both know you don't care for our child. You see her as nothing more but a pawn in your sick game. Your answer to taking over the world and enslaving all of mankind. Admit it, amor." He spat out. "You know that if you can't manage your way into poisoning her. Manipulating her, that she'll be the cause of your downfall. You're afraid of imagining what she's truly capable of when she gets older without your interference."