Chapter 2: Seokjin

Two years after that corporate party, Seokjin's father stepped down from his position as the CEO of Kim's Mobile Co. and Jin took his place after proving his ability and competence as COO for more than three years. He's on the highest tier in the company. He had been in this position for 7 months now and he seemed to be doing well, if not great.

His sharp business instinct, his good leadership, and his emotional composure in handling everything were among his best qualities. Unless, when it came to that particular guy: Kim Taehyung!

He saw a familiar face among the new recruits this morning. His hair was no longer blue, but he could still recognize his distinctive pretty face in the crowd. And Taehyung's intense stare at him apparently still had the same effect, just like two years back. Made him restless, made him want things.

But of course, being the heir of his father, he was well trained for years to hide his real feelings and put on a calm and smile-mask on his pretty face. He's the ice prince after all!

.

Seokjin pressed a button on the phone line and called his executive assistant, "Jimin, can you bring me the CVs of our new recruits?"

"Right away, Sir." Park Jimin went to the HRD department, then a few minutes later knocked on his boss's office. He handed him several black folders.

"Thank you."

"Of course, Sir." Jimin went back to his station, right outside the CEO room.

Seokjin scanned through several folders until he found the one he was looking for. He couldn't just ask Jimin to only bring that particular one though, to not raise suspicion.

Kim Taehyung—-he read. He applied for a Junior Financial Analyst position. Bachelor's degree in Financial Analyst. He was just graduated summa cum laude, the best in his class and also in his department at Seoul University—-a top university in Korea.

Impressive! Seokjin smirked. At least he was not only a smartass, but also really smart. This office would surely be a hell lot more interesting with that pretty guy. And Seokjin was terrified of what would happen to him. Maybe to his feelings. And his desire for that man.

He had a bad hunch and he didn't really like it. ​​

*****