Chapter 11: Hoseok

The next week in the office went by like before, as they ignored each other entirely. But on Friday afternoon, a text chimed on Seokjin's phone. "I'll wait for you at home." From Taehyung. Seokjin's lips involuntarily curled up to form a smile.

"Something's up?" Jung Hoseok—-his Chief Operating Officer and best friend—-looked at him curiously.

"Huh? No, nothing!" Seokjin put his phone away and diverted his attention back to Hoseok. "You were saying?"

"Since you already approved the phone specs and the apps, they will soon finalize the interface and design. And we'll start the production soon after."

"Great!"

"By the way, I want to talk about Lee's Mobile, Jin. I don't like their moves. They play rough. We have to be careful."

Seokjin sighed. They had been watching their rival company's movement for some time now and it was getting more and more worrying. They even suspected Lee's Mobile spread their malicious corporate espionage in this company.

"Let's set up a meeting with Jeon Jungkook and find out what he has discovered so far. Just do it discreetly."

"Okay. How about this Saturday in your house?" Hoseok was ready to call their 'bad-ass' Chief Legal Officer.

"Uh—-I can't..."

"Huh?"

"I have a plan this weekend."

"HUH??!" Hoseok was puzzled. Seokjin had a plan for the weekend aside from work?? "You have a date?" Hoseok stared at him with a teasing grin, which Seokjin ignored.

"How about Sunday night?" He said instead, pretending to check his schedule on the iMac screen and type something on the keyboard.

"Is it related to the text message earlier?" Hoseok pushed through. He leaned forward and whispered discreetly, "Do you have a boyfriend that I don't know of?"

"Hoseok!" Seokjin shushed him.

"OH MY GOD, YOU DO!!" He stood up and shouted surprisedly, then covered his mouth as he remembered to keep things like this a secret. He was one of the few who knew Seokjin's sexual preference.

Seokjin sighed and rubbed his face. He couldn't hide anything from his best friend. "He's not my boyfriend! Just call Jungkook and set the meeting already!"

Hoseok's grin widened. "So there IS someone! I'm happy for you, Jin! It's about time, you know." He then dialed a number on his phone. Seokjin let out another deep sigh.

*****