Chapter 8: A Date

The morning coffee after their steamy shower session tasted sweeter. Taehyung made sandwiches for both of them to enjoy. "So, what should we do today?" He glanced at freshly bathed Seokjin across the dining table, who now wore Taehyung's t-shirt and sweatpants. Taehyung stared at him deeply. Seokjin looked very different in his clothes. He looked more casual and less uptight. He seemed more approachable. He seemed like... a boyfriend.

"What?" Seokjin swallowed his food.

"It's Saturday. What should we do today?"

"You mean, like a date?" He furrowed. Didn't expect these 'things between them' to keep going.

Taehyung grinned. "Whatever you wanna call it." He raised his brows, as if to challenge Seokjin.

Seokjin looked at Taehyung deeply. "Of course!" He was up to whatever Taehyung threw at him. "What kind of date would you like?"

"There's a gallery I want to visit. What do you think?"

Seokjin smiled. "Of course. I like that."

"Great!" Taehyung was happy that Seokjin agreed to his plan. Just give him one weekend to entirely hook Seokjin!

.

The gallery was about one hour's drive from Taehyung's apartment. The place was quite secluded. Seokjin liked it.

"How do you know a place like this?" He scanned the surrounding vicinity. So serene, so green. Everything was artistically arranged and beautiful.

"Found it on the internet." Taehyung waited until Seokjin was satisfied looking around. "Let's get in!"

"Ah, it's a Human Interest Photography Exhibition." Seokjin read the big banner right in front of the building. "I thought it was a painting gallery."

"Would you prefer to see paintings?"

"No, I like photography, too."

Of course, Taehyung knew that! Jimin spilled all the tea about Kim Seokjin.

The visitors were scarce and that was even better for Seokjin. This kind of place always gave him peace of mind. He would immerse himself, enjoying art pieces for hours when he visited alone.

Seokjin's gaze stuck on a photograph of a scuba diver playing with sharks in his surroundings. It was one of the Under the Sea essay-photography series. Taehyung watched him being frozen there for quite some time already. He could see his sad eyes. So he snaked his left hand around Seokjin's waist. "Are you okay?" He whispered so softly.

"Uh, yeah..." Seokjin was startled by the gesture. He then smiled and put on a cheerful face. "Let's continue!" He tried to walk away, but Taehyung pulled him into his embrace, pecked his cheek for a brief second, then let him go. Taehyung could sense something was not right.

Seokjin bit his lips and clenched his jaw. He moved to the next picture a second later, avoiding all the Under the Sea series.

.

That was a nice "date". Seokjin enjoyed the gallery tour and also their late lunch after that. It felt like a real date. Taehyung was very nice and attentive, like a real boyfriend.

He drove Tae home afterward, then went home himself.

*****