Chapter 16: Suspect

Seokjin went home on Sunday morning because he had another discreet meeting this noon with his COO and CLO. Hoseok set their fourth meeting with Jeon Jungkook. They met at Seokjin's house today.

Jungkook threw a brown envelope on the table. "We have several corporate espionage suspects in our company, Gentlemen!" They had been monitoring Lee's Mobile's activities closely for about a month, including tailing their top management. He opened the envelope and pulled out some pictures and papers. "Lee Jin Hee, from the Product Design Department." Jungkook handed a picture and her data to Seokjin. "A distant niece of Mr. Lee Jae-ho himself." The CEO of Lee's Mobile's.

"Han Yeong Jae, from our Finance Department. This is all his former employer's data. He had long been suspected of corporate espionage by several companies. You will know from his track record. He would work in a company, then the company would run into trouble not long after that, and then he would leave and move into another new company. The cycle keeps going. And he's here now, in our house."

And the last one, "Kim Taehyung, a new recruit, also from the Finance Department."

Seokjin gasped, but that was enough to make Hoseok aware of that subtle gesture. He knew his best friend all too well.

"The time he entered this company was very fitting, right when we started to make new mobile phone line ups." Jungkook continued. "He was a college friend of Lee So Jun, the sole heir of Lee's Mobile's. I even heard that they were more than just friends, if you know what I mean." Jungkook finished his report.

Seokjin still froze in his seat with a pale face, staring at a picture of his love sharing laughter with his corporate rival in a cafe somewhere. He clenched his jaw, feeling a painful sting in his chest.

Hoseok glanced at Seokjin, and then to Jungkook. "No, Kook, I don't know what you mean. Please elaborate explicitly."

"They were rumored to be college sweethearts. They could probably work together on this. If they were, then he has a strong motive for destroying us, since we are his lover's competitor. But it's still my assumption and I don't have solid proof of this yet. It's only circumstantial evidence."

Seokjin pressed his lips and clenched his jaw. He texted Jimin to set an urgent meeting early Monday morning with Min Yoongi—-the Chief Financial Officer, and So Anna—-the Product Design Manager. They might have moles in their departments.

*****