Chapter 13: Be My Boyfriend

A moment like this was the best moment. When they looked at each other with only love in their glistening eyes. Then they would smile softly, caress gently, and kiss one another with all the abundant affection in their heart—-whether they realized it or not. It's not just sex if they do it with so much affection and tenderness like that.

"Tae... be my boyfriend! I wanna date you for real." Seokjin whispered in a very soft tone and brushed Taehyung's cheek with his thumb. Taehyung was surprised. His breath hitched. It was not supposed to end up like this!

He got up and sat on the bed. How could he respond to that? "Are you—-uh, feeling guilty because we already had sex without really dating? That's why you want to be my boyfriend?"

Seokjin was baffled. He got up too. "No, no, it's not that!... I like you... and I wanna be with you. I want you to know that I don't wanna use you only for sex. You know you're more than that for me." Seokjin tried to reach Taehyung, but the younger didn't even want to look him in the eyes.

"You already know the risk if news like this gets spread, right?"

Seokjin clenched his jaw. Was Taehyung really trying to protect him or just looking for an excuse? He always acted like a stranger in the office, though he was always so sweet at home. "You don't have to protect me, Tae. I won't hide my preferences or my partner forever just because of my position."

Taehyung finally looked up and stared at him deeply and said no words. One part of him wanted to just submit to whatever Seokjin asked for, but his stubborn part refused to give up and wanted to continue this game. It was his game, and he didn't want to lose! He didn't want to be overpowered by Seokjin.

"Let's just be... friends with benefits."

"Tae..."

"Seokjinaa... Don't spoil me too much. You'll regret it."

It didn't mean that Taehyung was unaware of what he had just said or how it would hurt Seokjin, because he was aware, of course. And he intentionally did that, too. Taehyung could see the disappointment or hurt[?] in Jin's eyes and he just brushed it off. He didn't—-or wouldn't want to care. For him, it was just a game of 'conquering and ditching' after all.

*****