Chapter 5: A Bold Request

It was 10 o'clock, 5 hours past the clock-out time. From Jimin, Taehyung knew that Seokjin was still in his office, and so was he. Just spending time in his cubicle in the Finance Department area, doing whatever to pass the time. He had a plan for tonight.

As the clock struck 10.49 pm, Seokjin got out of his CEO room in the far corner and walked into the elevator. Taehyung hurriedly got up from his seat and ran in the same direction.

"Hold the door!" He shouted.

Seokjin was startled. "You're working late?" He asked as they both got inside.

"Yeah, just working on something. You?"

"I was reviewing our new mobile product lines."

"Oh." Taehyung said nonchalantly, then a silence fell between them. "Can you drive me home?" He said a while later.

"What??!" Seokjin asked, dumbfounded. That was a bold request of him!

"Can you drive me home?" Taehyung repeated his sentence. "I don't like walking home alone this late."

Seokjin was still silent for several more seconds. "Okay," He finally said in a low, hesitant tone. Didn't even know why he agreed to that.

Taehyung smiled at him, but mostly at himself. He was satisfied. His plan was in motion.

The silent elevator ride took them to the empty first floor. Seokjin walked out of the building where the security guards bowed and greeted him politely. Taehyung trailed behind him casually to the exclusive parking space, where Seokjin parked his black Mercedes. He then got in the car and sat in the passenger seat.

The ride was short, only took about 15 minutes of slow driving. And they were mostly silent, with Taehyung looking at the window most of the time, and Seokjin's mind was racing with so many thoughts he couldn't define.

"Thank you for taking me home." Taehyung finally said as they arrived in front of a modest three-stories red brick building. He hadn't opened the car door yet. "I live on the third floor." He pointed at the building. "Wanna come in?" And asked with a sweet smile adorned his pretty lips. Seokjin hadn't responded, but Taeyhung's bold graze on his hand made Seokjin want to.

"We're both adults and we know what we want, don't we, Seokjin shi?" He said with another smile. Or rather a smirk, to be exact.

Seokjin gulped and looked at Taehyung conflictingly. He knew what Taehyung implicated. That bold little brat!

"Let's go!" Taehyung opened the car door and gave him a cue to also get out and follow him. Seokjin sat still. His hands gripped the steering wheel tightly. His jaw clenched. His heart raced fast. This was stupid! He never did something like this! Purely stupid, careless, irresponsible act if he followed him. He knew what would happen. There would always be consequences for every action and choice. And with his position now, the stake was even higher. And he knew he could not trust Kim Taehyung considering their past experience. That man was not as innocent as he looked. He wanted something from Seokjin, and that something was not good, Seokjin knew.

By now, Taehyung had long gone into the building.

Seokjin was still in the car. He leaned back on the headrest. Chewed his lips and closed his eyes. Dammit! Whatever! He wanted him.

He got out of the car and trotted into the building. As stupid as it was.

*****