Chapter 19: I'm Coming!

That morning, Taehyung pushed a plate of breakfast to Seokjin with a cold look. He then sat down across from him and started to eat. "Let's stop seeing each other, Seokjin." He said out of the blue with eyes down on his plate.

"What??" Seokjin froze. "What did you say?!"

"I'm bored, Jin." Taehyung shrugged nonchalantly. "You are too easy. I don't feel the excitement anymore. I'm already eyeing a new target to conquer."

The clink of cutlery that fell on Seokjin's plate sounded deafening. Seokjin looked at the love of his life dumbfoundedly. He was lost for words. Was it because of his confession yesterday? Was it because Taehyung's espionage plan almost came to an end? He clenched his jaw. He felt a sting in his eyes. So it was over. His borrowed time was finally up. Seokjin snickered.

For Seokjin, Taehyung was always a wild card. An enigma. He was a mysterious conundrum that challenged Seokjin to unravel it. But he was also like a beautiful butterfly. Flying here and there freely. So inviting, so tempting. And Seokjin could only hope that Taehyung would really want to be with him forever.

Seokjin was always silently watching Taehyung from afar... when they were together, when they were on their dates, or when they were in the office. Admiring how free his soul was. How he would jump in a cheerfully childish way when Seokjin gave him little surprises. How his bright eyes would twinkle and his lips would curl up into a smile when something excited him, even if it was just over a new ice cream flavor.

..... And how sweet his kisses.....

How warm his gazes were when he looked at Seokjin....

How protective his embrace.....

How affectionate his caresses and touches.....

How soft his voice was when he called his name....... "Seokjinaa..."

.......

But Seokjin couldn't make him stay anyway.....

"All right!" Seokjin said in defeat. He got up from his seat calmly and left with no more words. He hadn't even finished his meal.

Seokjin went home in silence. His heart broke into pieces.

.

Taehyung froze in his seat. His blank gaze stared at Seokjin's half-empty plate. A drop of tear fell on his cheek. Why was it so painful? He was the one who decided to end it. He was the one who left this time. But his body ached so badly. And his heart hurted even more.

Taehyung broke down and cried his eyes out.

Why is it so painful?

Seokjinaa....

Why is it so painful to leave you?

***

.

Seokjin called Hoseok that day with a heart wrenching voice. "Hoseok....Help me... I need you, now...." He pleaded.

"Jinnie, what happened? Are you okay?! I'm coming, I'm coming, okay! Don't do anything! Don't cut the call, okay! Stay with me! Stay with me!" Hoseok once had this kind of call more than 5 years ago, when they were pursuing their Master's Degree together in Sydney. And hearing the same call once again frightened him to the bone.

He grabbed his BMW keys and rushed himself to Seokjin's house as fast as possible. His friend might have just experienced something worse and Hoseok was panicking.

*****