Chapter 22: Detained

Oh no, oh no... what did I do.... I broke up with him and now this happens...

Taehyung's body trembled, his chest ached, and his heart beat way too fast.

That Monday morning suddenly became a panic mess in the office. Their excitement now changed into shock and worry. Taehyung stood in his cubicle along with his other colleagues on the 17th floor. Aghast and horrified, but he had entirely another personal reason.

My baby... What have I done to you...? I left you at the worst time possible....

Taehyung couldn't contain his heart. He was broken for his love. Why did he leave him in this such difficult situation? He had nobody to blame other than himself. He was sorry.... He was so sorry.... He wanted to go to him, to hug him... His love... His baby.....

That was when several security guards approached and arrested him forcefully. Taehyung was baffled.

"Why, what happened?" But he, Han Yeong Jae, and also Lee Jin Hee from the 15th floor were dragged out of their cubicles and then put into separate rooms. The room was locked from the outside and guarded heavily. Several Jungkook's investigators and lawyers later came in and started to question each of them.

Leaving all the rest of their colleagues wondering, the investigators and security guards confiscated all the potential evidence from the suspects. Their office PCs, laptops, and all their personal belongings that were in their cubicle that day. All were cleaned up and moved into the big Conference Room 2, which now became the evidence room where all Jungkook's lawyers and investigators team was stationed. They moved fast and started to dig and investigate everything right there and then.

Yoongi and Anna had previously taken precautions after they had a meeting with Seokjin, Hoseok, and Jungkook. And thanks to that, the suspects couldn't steal much.

.

Several older employees might doubt the young CEO's ability to handle such a big crisis like this. But Seokjin was sharp, progressive, and smarter than his father. Since Seokjin took office, he gradually replaced the older executives, gave them nice pensions, then put several brilliant people with impressive experiences in those strategic positions.

He hand-picked them himself. Jung Hoseok as COO, Min Yoongi as CFO, and Jeon Jungkook as CLO. The rest of the executives might not be chosen by him, but rather by his father—-the former CEO—-but the Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Technology Officer were great at their jobs, and also loyal to his father, and now to him. Seokjin hoped it wouldn't be too hard to convince them to follow his plans.

*****